Cole Palmer

I like Foden centrally but let's be honest we all know Southgate will shove him into the front 3 with Kane and Saka, so we're still stuck with Rice, Bellingham and one other player. If it isn't Mainoo, whose profile, imo fits the profile almost perfectly, then we know it's going to be one of the usual suspects like Henderson and Gallagher, and I prefer Mainoo than those two.
I’m Scottish but surely England best forward starters are

——————-———-Kane
Grealish———————————-Saka
———-Bellingham——Foden
————-—————Rice

Then you have quality options on the bench of Sterling, Palmer and Toney?

——————-———Toney
Sterling———————————-Palmer
———-Bellingham——Foden
————-—————Rice

——————-———-Kane
Grealish———————————-Saka
———-Bellingham——Foden
————-—————Rice

——————-———Toney
———-Bellingham——Foden
————-—————Rice

Grealish on the left is fine with me personally but I just think Southgate likes Foden on that left wing so that leaves a spot open for someone in midfield. Who should that be? I know no one wants to see Gallagher, Henderson or even JWP starting.

——————-———-Kane
Grealish———————————-Saka
———-Bellingham——Foden
————-—————Rice

——————-———Toney
———-Bellingham——Foden
————-—————Rice
Its at the back England are average..with a below ave keeper. Defences win int tournaments

I think Palmer should definitely be on the plane but unfortunately he has Foden and Saka ahead of him in the positions he plays, which is fair enough. Both of them should be guaranteed starters. Mainoo is brilliant to be honest and I would start him in the middle with Rice and Bellingham.

Mainoo has not played enough to warrant being part of the YPOTY conversations though.
Mainoo is brilliant? Your credibility has taken the biggest hit ever. Fifteen premier league games, God knows how many defeats, very little defensive qualities and you say that. I always thought you were reasonably sensible but that makes you look a proper tit. For your sake I hope you’ve had a few too many.

You can just quote me if you want. Don't be scared. I don't bite.

And yeah I think he's that good but it's not just about his talent, it's that his profile fits perfectly with Rice as opposed to every other midfielder we have. If it isn't him, it's likely one of Gallagher or Henderson.
Rice is a plodder mate. His defence splitting passes as rare as rocking horse shit and just forward passes are rare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.