Cole Palmer

Brilliant player having a brilliant season. He’s everything I thought Havertz was going to be when we signed him in 2020.

He’s a shoe-in for Chelsea POTY and I hope he also picks up the young PFA POTY. He sure deserves it.
He’s a good player and Chelsea really jumped on an opportunity and did well. Like city have done before with signings.

For me Foden is POTY and Palmer is YPOTY

Brilliant player having a brilliant season. He’s everything I thought Havertz was going to be when we signed him in 2020.

He’s a shoe-in for Chelsea POTY and I hope he also picks up the young PFA POTY. He sure deserves it.
I think I fully agree with you here. Havertz never lived up to the hype. Palmer is in with a shout for YPOTY, but you can guarantee that the media will be pushing the award very firmly in the direction of Mainoo. Lewis and Bobb have done well this season, but Palmer has had his break out season, and deserved the award.

He should be ahead of Mainoo in the England squad too, and both he and Mainoo should be ahead of Henderson, whose international career should be at an end.

He should be ahead of Mainoo in the England squad too, and both he and Mainoo should be ahead of Henderson, whose international career should be at an end.
I think Henderson goes to the euros unfortunately. Coming back from Saudi stinks of Southgate wanting to pick him and pressure on the fa for him not to be out there for playing and political reasons.

He’s a good player and Chelsea really jumped on an opportunity and did well. Like city have done before with signings.

For me Foden is POTY and Palmer is YPOTY
Foden would not even get our POTY and that not dissing him, Rodri all day and everyday and twice on a Sunday.

Rodri has to be a serious Ballon d'or contender, unbeaten in 12 months, simply outstanding effort.

Last edited:
He's been excellent for you in the attacking third but he's still not doing the all round game well enough whenever I watch Chelsea, which isn't very often admittedly. He doesn't track back very well, tends to put a token chase in but never try and get goal side and leaves the full back exposed.

It's a team game at the end of the day and for all of his attacking impact you're not winning enough. That's not down to Palmer specifically, but he'd never be getting away with being half arsed off the ball at City, even if he was scoring every game.

That comes with experience and maturity and a coach who will drill it into him. I don't think he's particularly bad on the defensive end. When he's locked in and focused, he's quite a good and willing hard worker off the ball and tracks back well. The best example of it was at the Etihad. Gusto is a capable 1v1 defender though and can probably hold his own against any winger in the world. He does lose focus though and sometimes drifts in and out of games. I remember thinking the other day against Burnley, that 30 mins had gone by in the second half I had barely noticed him but then he ends up with 2 goals and really should have been awarded an assist for the winning goal but Sterling wasted that beautiful, gorgeous pass that 100% should have ended up in the net.

I think I fully agree with you here. Havertz never lived up to the hype. Palmer is in with a shout for YPOTY, but you can guarantee that the media will be pushing the award very firmly in the direction of Mainoo. Lewis and Bobb have done well this season, but Palmer has had his break out season, and deserved the award.

I think Palmer should definitely be on the plane but unfortunately he has Foden and Saka ahead of him in the positions he plays, which is fair enough. Both of them should be guaranteed starters. Mainoo is brilliant to be honest and I would start him in the middle with Rice and Bellingham.

Mainoo has not played enough to warrant being part of the YPOTY conversations though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.