Cole Palmer

What happened happened, but he will be to us what De Bruyne was to Chelsea.

Quite similar circumstances as well in regards to how both players left each club.

I think if Nunes, Philipps etc. had stepped up , we wouldn't be too bothered about Palmer. No doubting he has the talent and is playing great at the moment.

My only issue is that he wanted to go on loan in order to get more game time and maybe we should have given him that option. We have 4 currently on loan at premier league clubs and it is to track how they are playing and if they have a long term future with us.

Just wait till Lavia gets fit and we have 2 ex players starring for Chelsea.

I think this was the best outcome for all, he wouldn't have had this amount of games and been able to have similar impact for City. He almost has a free role at Chelsea, it suits his style a lot but Pep is much more demanding on individuals unless they're Messi. He should be starting for England now IMO, but where he fits in that formation i don't really know as we've seen at City he can't play left wing.

So we aren’t allowed to praise a former academy lad who is top scorer in the league?
I'm sure you're aware that some are going overboard on him. He's a former (repeat, former) City player who is now at another club. I wish the lad well, apart from when he's playing against us. But; the last time I looked, we're still in the running for three trophies. And that's without Palmer in the side.

Palmer is a good player but like most on here have said its very easy to look exceptional in a shite team, bit like fernandes in the rags team.

What happened happened, but he will be to us what De Bruyne was to Chelsea.

Quite similar circumstances as well in regards to how both players left each club.

Quite similar?
Kev wasn’t a Chelsea academy product, they bought him, played him about 3 times, loaned him out and then sold him.

It’s also ridiculously early to compare Cole to one of the best players of his generation.

He’s doing well but he still doesn’t get in city team for me
Correct. If we were playing the Champions League final on saturday, and we had a 100% fully fit squad available, including Palmer, does he get in the XI; yes, or no? As for "well; he'd be handy to have on the bench"? He wanted more game time.

Correct. If we were playing the Champions League final on saturday, and we had a 100% fully fit squad available, including Palmer, does he get in the XI; yes, or no? As for "well; he'd be handy to have on the bench"? He wanted more game time.
He wouldn't but he's good enough based on his form for Chelsea. However, last season he didn't do enough when given minutes. Too many times he casually strolled about in a languid manner without enough urgency desire or commitment. Had he shown Pep more than he did he'd still be playing for us, but instead of being a stand out player for Chelsea he'd be a very good squad player at City.

Palmer has probably made the right move to get the games he needed but i doubt he'll win as many honours for them as he would have won with us. Time will tell...

He wouldn't but he's good enough based on his form for Chelsea. However, last season he didn't do enough when given minutes. Too many times he casually strolled about in a languid manner without enough urgency desire or commitment. Had he shown Pep more than he did he'd still be playing for us, but instead of being a stand out player for Chelsea he'd be a very good squad player at City.

Palmer has probably made the right move to get the games he needed but i doubt he'll win as manh honours for them as he would have won with us. Time will tell...
Possibly the post of the thread.

After my efforts, obviously!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.