Cole Palmer

Looks a clear handball in replays. Arms away from the body, changing direction of a shot on goal, and enough distance from the free-kick taker too.
It's not really relevant to the decision of handball or not, but I'm pretty sure the deflection took the ball closer to the goal.

He was nullified yesterday wasnt he? I would say when he comes up against top line opposition, RM, Barca, Bayern, City etc, he isnt as good. But lets see. He's already surprised me with getting better and better since he went to chelsea.

I still think this time next year, when the goals are not going in, and the focus is off him, that he will be no better than Sterling is now.

Ill tell you this though, if he performs the way he has but at City, the media would NOT be fawning over it. Its how divisive they are, so I do NOT believe them when they tell me this is one of the best players in the country that City let go... He's having a very good period where all his ducks have lined up. Left City, now able to play as much as he wants, everyone tells him he's brilliant, he takes the pens, positive coverage.

Thats the total opposite of what City players get, even to the point now that Foden is being compared unfavourably to Palmer. Wtf, its how our media pick the England team.

Palmer will be nothing this time next year when the media have stopped using him as some sort of totem against City

Palmer this season = Zinchenko & Jesus last season

Oh no, City shouldn't have sold them to Arsenal they're top quality - fast forward 12 months - Arsenal looking to off-load the pair.
This is pure revisionism. Jesus and Zinchenko started well last season then fizzled out; at no point did they receive the kind of plaudits Palmer is now receiving. I thought Palmer was brilliant yesterday, and were it not for Jackson's atrocious finishing would have had two assists to his name.

I just think that he has to avoid becoming a one season wonder.
Same here. Iv seen them come and go over the years and its usally fuelled by the media making someone into something they are mnot.... Bellingham, Toney, etc.

But yes I can easily see Palmer become what Sterling is now, or Jesus, or Zinny... If you played for City once and you are not pulling worldies - then you are the enemy.. Is what I am seeing at the moment,

Palmer could end up being like Juan Mata - fantastic in a team that isn't good enough to win the league.

Chelsea have to improve a lot to even challenge. If/when they get to that level, he may find himself on their bench or sold. We don't know yet though, and he's making as good a go if it as he possibly could.

I just think that he has to avoid becoming a one season wonder.
form is temporary, class is permanent.
one of a growing list of exceptional youngsters produced by our academy.
Zinnie and Gabby reached their peak with us. Cole has some more gears to go through yet before he reaches his full potential which is really high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.