Cole Palmer

What pisses me of is that we would sell cole to West ham or whoever for say £25/30m, they'd keep him a year then flog him on for around 70/80m. Clubs are doing pretty fucking well out of us lately and with Palmer I think he would be more to us if he stayed in our team this season and see how he progresses.

Even with the 20% sell on clubs are using us as a cash generator

yeah but unfortunately lets be honest here, in the same year if we give him the games he needs to develop we probably drop off enough to lose a title. The mid table teams can afford plenty of draws so can give new talent more minutes. If Palmer scored 6 goals for us this season it's probably a figure too low for our goals. For any other team that's a great return for a prospect. Those are how high the stakes are.

What pisses me of is that we would sell cole to West ham or whoever for say £25/30m, they'd keep him a year then flog him on for around 70/80m. Clubs are doing pretty fucking well out of us lately and with Palmer I think he would be more to us if he stayed in our team this season and see how he progresses.

Even with the 20% sell on clubs are using us as a cash generator
That has to be okay with us. It is those clubs that take the 25m risk because we are not prepared to. Have a look here at the panic when the suggestion of academy players being the replacements for Mahrez or Gundo are mooted. I understand it, but if we are not prepared to give game time, the buying club takes the risk. If the player then becomes a star, they take the profit.

That has to be okay with us. It is those clubs that take the 25m risk because we are not prepared to. Have a look here at the panic when the suggestion of academy players being the replacements for Mahrez or Gundo are mooted. I understand it, but if we are not prepared to give game time, the buying club takes the risk. If the player then becomes a star, they take the profit.
I think he's already a star. Clubs are reaping the benefits of our academy when it should be us reaping those benefits. Either up the asking price or sell on clause.

I think he's already a star. Clubs are reaping the benefits of our academy when it should be us reaping those benefits. Either up the asking price or sell on clause.
But if he is a star, we should be playing him. I take your point, but most of the players we sell have hardly played. We are getting fees of 10-20m, consistently, for players unproven in the first team.

yeah but unfortunately lets be honest here, in the same year if we give him the games he needs to develop we probably drop off enough to lose a title. The mid table teams can afford plenty of draws so can give new talent more minutes. If Palmer scored 6 goals for us this season it's probably a figure too low for our goals. For any other team that's a great return for a prospect. Those are how high the stakes are.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re basically saying if we play palmer or any young player then we might not win the league? You really mustn’t rate him that highly if you think the drop off will be that large. He wouldn’t be starting every game either.

He’s a first team player who more than likely performs well in most games. We could by Doku, who I don’t thinks as talented. He’s absolutely worth the ‘risk’

Id personally send him on loan

He needs regular first team football and I dont think that he has that in him yet...His performance show flashes of his talent but he is inconsistent in games (as you would expect for someone of his age)....I dont think we can carry that at our level at the moment. If he wants to stay with the squad then he has to be content with bit parts that may grow in time

I get why Pep said no loan, stay or be sold.

And have argued pretty much since Mahrez left, that a loan made no sense any longer.

could say the same for Doku and palmer though, depends where pep wants the cover. toss up for me between either.
Less so, because if we add Paqueta we're strengthening the centre of the pitch compared to last season, Kovacic already replaced the minutes of Gundogan.

Whereas if we add Doku it might take away some of the space for Palmer that was opened up by Mahrez leaving, but it won't leave us with more numbers out wide than last season when Palmer was already part of the first team squad.

Also you'd imagine that Palmer can compete with another young player like Doku. As talented as McAtee is, tough to see him seriously competing with Paqueta or any of our senior midfielders for now.

I will be absolutely livid if we sell the kid. He's ready to step up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.