Cole Palmer

Continuing, where he left off last season.

A goal and three assists, all for the same scorer.

I still think we had the better end of the deal, though.
He played well, not arguing against that, but if you actually watch the match, only the goal was a great goal contribution. The three assists were passes every player in the Premier League should be able to make. We know he can make very good passes, so not knocking his ability, just saying today the stats flatter his contributions, especially when you consider Wolves were absolutely shocking.

He played well, not arguing against that, but if you actually watch the match, only the goal was a great goal contribution. The three assists were passes every player in the Premier League should be able to make. We know he can make very good passes, so not knocking his ability, just saying today the stats flatter his contributions, especially when you consider Wolves were absolutely shocking.
I didn’t watch it intently.

We had the Bournemouth-Newcastle game on, as well, and I was posting on here throughout.

I didn’t watch it intently.

We had the Bournemouth-Newcastle game on, as well, and I was posting on here throughout.
This-is-good-typing-gif.gif

Continuing, where he left off last season.

A goal and three assists, all for the same scorer.

I still think we had the better end of the deal, though.
I wish the communication and long term thinking from all parties had been better. I’m almost as disappointed he left as I would be had Foden left. I thought they were going to be a very complimentary pairing in attacking midfield for us long term after de Bruyne, Bernardo, Gündoğan and Kovačić have all taken a back seat or gone/retired.

Foden is a blistering, explosive skillful rocket of a player; Palmer is a more controlled, slower style but silky skilful player. With both goal and assist threats from their own styles, I thought their differing styles would have been so good as a pairing.

It wasn’t to be. But I’ll always be disappointed with him, his agent and City for not making it work with him staying.

We’ll end up buying a player for well over £100m to replace those ageing lads I mentioned above and it’s unlikely the player will be any better than Palmer will end up being who cost us nothing.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.