Cole Palmer

Its a forum people want to discus it , that's what its here for
Many are very techy about this transfer and have attempted to argue strenuously that we got the best end of the deal and he is no big loss. I personally think that we should have tried to hold on to the guy and develop him as a key part of the next generation of midfielders. Perhaps that goal was not possible to achieve and a parting of the ways inevitable. Its sad however that people try to convince themselves, and others, that he is not a quality player and is not, and will not be missed.

I wish the communication and long term thinking from all parties had been better. I’m almost as disappointed he left as I would be had Foden left. I thought they were going to be a very complimentary pairing in attacking midfield for us long term after de Bruyne, Bernardo, Gündoğan and Kovačić have all taken a back seats or gone/retired.

Foden is a blistering, explosive skillful rocket of a player; Palmer is a more controlled, slower style but silky skilful player. With both goal and assist threats from their own styles, I thought their differing styles would have been so good as a pairing.

It wasn’t to be. But I’ll always be disappointed with him, his agent and City for not making it work with him staying.

We’ll end up buying a player for well over £100m to replace those ageing lads I mentioned above and it’s unlikely the player will be any better than Palmer will end up being who cost us nothing.
We've got academy players coming through now who could be as good or better than Palmer.
I hope he does very well at Chavski and is instrumental in beating the arse and dippers.

He’s from Wythenshawe, google if you don’t know where it is!
As an American, I wasn’t 100% sure what I should be noticing. I did see the below…

In 2007, The New York Times described the housing estates in Wythenshawe as representing an "extreme pocket of social deprivation and alienation".

But I didn’t know if that was the whole area?

As an American, I wasn’t 100% sure what I should be noticing. I did see the below…

In 2007, The New York Times described the housing estates in Wythenshawe as representing an "extreme pocket of social deprivation and alienation".

No it’s not the whole area, I come from the posh bit!

We moved to Wythenshawe in 1965 when they pulled the old terraced houses down in Hulme. Although a lot didn't want to move there as it was a good distance from the city center and not a lot around there at the time, for us it was like heaven compared to Hulme. A bedroom each, an inside toilet and a garden front and back. Also surrounded by countryside.
Like all other council estates it has suffered from neglect by successive governments.

They want to talk about him there's the Chelsea thread.
Surely it’s alright to have a Cole Palmer thread when there are threads on tossers like Gary Neville, Wayne Rooney, Martin Keown, Gareth Southgate and Jude Bellingham on the first few pages of this part of the forum?

At least he used to play for us and was an Academy product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.