Cole Palmer

I can see why people might think he can be douchebaggy, he does look like a scally. He doesn't come across any better or any worse than the average young footballer to me - there is a bit of a running joke/meme about him being proper thick but I would imagine most players are.

What I would say though is that he still gets his haircut at the same place in Northenden (a part of Wythenshawe) that he has done for years - he just parks a nicer car outside now lol. So fair play to him for keeping to his roots.
Maybe that’s the only barber he knows how to get to and he can’t work out how to use GPS or how to arrange a driver? ;-)

As for your own comment about a lot of your friends finding him unlikable, I don’t understand that either.
I think he gets a lot of hype in the US. I think because American media is just trying to get people to watch, they tend to over hype everyone. There isn’t a lot of nuance - especially with young, exciting players. But I think that kind of hype can be annoying to some people and kind of reflects back on the player?

That’s why I asked the question, I wondered if perception was different. We obviously don’t have any local stories or anecdotes to draw from!

I think he gets a lot of hype in the US. I think because American media is just trying to get people to watch, they tend to over hype everyone. There isn’t a lot of nuance - especially with young, exciting players. But I think that kind of hype can be annoying to some people and kind of reflects back on the player?

That’s why I asked the question, I wondered if perception was different. We obviously don’t have any local stories or anecdotes to draw from!

Fair enough. I get that. I’ve never met him in my life. But it’s quite telling that normally when a local person becomes ‘famous’ you get people coming out all over the place with stories. Some good, some bad.

But I can honestly say I’ve not heard anybody from the area have a bad word about him.

One little example I do know that suggests he’s still a pretty grounded lad, is that when he was still at City and not working he would still turn up at Wythenshawe Park on a Sunday morning, watching his mates play for the Black Boy.

Even after he moved to London, he still turned up for the presentation at the pub after they won the Altrincham Cup last season.

Just reading that new Pep revolution book,

It’s always been one of pep’s principles not to give anyone assurances over playing time,

Palmer wanted it, we couldn’t guarantee it so he moved on. It’s a shame but better to stick to our principles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.