Cole Palmer

This is the only part of the Palmer move I don't understand.
We approved loans for every other player who requested one.
We had several players on loan last season but this option for Palmer was refused.

Because even though the plan might not have been to start him every week/build the team around him like Chelsea did, we still wanted him to actually play and had a role for him. If he wasn't going to be around for a whole season then we needed to buy someone else to fulfil that role. In order to buy we needed to sell. The other players who got loan moves weren't going to be missed and didn't need replacing.

We had several players on loan last season but this option for Palmer was refused.
Because we had plans for him to be part of the squad. If he went out on loan, we'd be a squad player light and would have had to bring in somebody else in place of Palmer, which would have cost us.

Players who have been granted loans were those that we didn't expect to play any real part in the squad that season and so they didn't need replacing.

Can’t think of any player we’ve loaned to a team who could potentially be a direct rival for the league.

Highly doubt Chelsea would have wanted that either.

I don’t imagine we’d be interested in taking a young prospect off say Arsenal for a year. Give him a season’s experience then have to hand him back as an established Premier League player.

Can’t think of any player we’ve loaned to a team who could potentially be a direct rival for the league.

Highly doubt Chelsea would have wanted that either.
He didn't ask to go on loan to Chelsea and I wouldn't expect us to loan to one of the top teams.
I'd say he'd gave been more than happy to have ended up with Fulham , Bournemouth etc. on loan.

Why is the move still being discussed?
Top player, wish him well, wanted guaranteed games time.
We got £40m, became champions again, and move on with Savinho and Oscar Bobb.
Job's a good 'un.

Why is the move still being discussed?
Top player, wish him well, wanted guaranteed games time.
We got £40m, became champions again, and move on with Savinho and Oscar Bobb.
Job's a good 'un.
Probably because he was an academy player and lots of people are thinking what could have been, especially considering how brilliant he has been for Chelsea.

It’s the same for players like Alvarez. I wish we hadn’t sold him. I don’t think there’s an issue talking about that.

Probably because he was an academy player and lots of people are thinking what could have been, especially considering how brilliant he has been for Chelsea.

It’s the same for players like Alvarez. I wish we hadn’t sold him. I don’t think there’s an issue talking about that.
I wish we hadn't sold Palmer, but we move on. Cole's been gone a while now. He reflects well on the academy and gets to be the star man, something that would not have happened here despite his gifts. For me, Alvarez doesn't get in our best 11, so £80m in the bank allows us to buy someone who will. It's all about opinions though.

I posted this in the game thread but I’m curious how he is perceived in the UK by fans of other teams. My husband was with some football watching friends here in the US (none support City or Chelsea, many are originally from UK) and they all find him generally unlikeable - skill aside. Kind of douche baggy - if that translates.
I can see why people might think he can be douchebaggy, he does look like a scally. He doesn't come across any better or any worse than the average young footballer to me - there is a bit of a running joke/meme about him being proper thick but I would imagine most players are.

What I would say though is that he still gets his haircut at the same place in Northenden (a part of Wythenshawe) that he has done for years - he just parks a nicer car outside now lol. So fair play to him for keeping to his roots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.