Cole Palmer

@paulchapo and @Shirley - I didn’t want to offend anyone, so forgive me! I just wasn’t sure what I was suppose to pick up on with him being from Wythenshawe! That comment was the only thing that seemed out of the ordinary.

You don’t have to be American to find that comment confusing. I was brought up in Wythenshawe and don’t really understand the relevance of the remark either.

As for your own comment about a lot of your friends finding him unlikable, I don’t understand that either.

He comes across as the complete opposite to me. Seems a very humble, likeable young lad.

He comes back to Wythenshawe all the time to spend time with his family and friends and I’ve yet to hear a single story of any Billy Big Bollocks type behaviour.

Still have to reiterate that it was a mistake to sell him, was obvious at the time and pains me seeing him do so well
I really don't think it was a mistake.

He's a very good player but he wouldn't really have had the opportunities with us that he has had at Chelsea, nor would he have had the free role that he enjoys there and if he'd stayed, he wouldn't be playing against the wide-open defences that he currently faces.

The opportunities he would have had with us would have most likely been on the right wing, up against packed defences and Haaland would still have taken the penalties.

He wanted to go out on loan, which we were understandably against. We wanted him to stay and be a part of the squad but he didn't want to do that. The move has worked out very well for him and we got a decent fee for him at the time. I doubt he would have been a regular starter for us, so I don't really believe it was a mistake to sell him. It's worked out well for all parties.

Still have to reiterate that it was a mistake to sell him, was obvious at the time and pains me seeing him do so well
It doesn’t pain me to see him do well. The only thing that pains me is if City doesn’t do well. Remember players are just passengers.

I’m ok if Palmer or any other former City player performs as long as it’s not against us. Don’t think Palmer had a lot to show last week.

I’m pleased to see him so well and it clearly wasn’t obviously a mistake at the time to the key decision makers in the club.

And with those key decision makers in mind, I was also pleased that we won our fourth PL title on the spin last season.

He wanted to go out on loan, which we were understandably against. We wanted him to stay and be a part of the squad but he didn't want to do that
This is the only part of the Palmer move I don't understand.
We approved loans for every other player who requested one.
We had several players on loan last season but this option for Palmer was refused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.