Cole Palmer

He's a winger for the best club in the world and he just went a straight year without a goal or assist. Looked promising early on but I would be very surprised if he turns it around from here.
Sure I saw him assist a goal this year?

Rather have a sell on clause of at least 25% and the lad is a 25m now and in 2/3 years could be worth 60m+ player

Not really what I was asking, but I don't exactly disagree. I wonder how much Mahrez leaving affects his next move.

The club can:
1. Not bring anyone in and just let Palmer have a proper go at it. If Pep actually did this with commitment and a real shot for the lad, I'd support that. Can't really see it happening.
2. Sell him and take the Mahrez money along with the Palmer money and bring in a top player. Include a buy-back etc. Let Oscar fill in at youth level.
3. Loan him while bringing someone else in, although this makes less sense than if Mahrez were staying. Then he could have gained experience and progressed to potentially be ready to step in for Mahrez, anyone new would be on a longer deal and expect playing time.
4. Keep him around and sign someone else, good in terms of the squad, terrible for his development.
You make some good points. Even if we bring someone in I would keep him for squad depth. Maybe like you say that could hinder his development, but I feel sure he would still be given more minutes than last season. I have only seen clips of Bobb, but from what I have read from others, he is more suited to a midfield position.

Palmer shouldn’t be sold as he is important as a club trained player. We can register 17 foreign plus four English/ Welsh. In that total of 21, three must be keepers and hence Carson. This means effectively 20 players. Foden, Palmer, McAtee and Lewis make the squad sufficiently strong considering the extra matches.
Club association has no nationality rules, just trained at the club nonstop for 3 years prior to 21.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.