Cole Palmer

Just because they have the money, doesn't mean they can afford to spend so much of it on Palmer. Why do you think they haven't signed Colwill?

Their whole model is built on buying low and selling high.
What has Colwill got to do with anything. Every player has a different value, they are not linked at all.

Do they have 40m in the bank, yes.
Do they want to pay 40m for Palmer, apparently so.
Will City accept 40m for Palmer, who knows.

If we were to sell him do people think we would have enough cover for the wide right position. Obviously Bernado and Phil can do good jobs there but they may be needed in midfield.

What has Colwill got to do with anything. Every player has a different value, they are not linked at all.

Do they have 40m in the bank, yes.
Do they want to pay 40m for Palmer, apparently so.
Will City accept 40m for Palmer, who knows.

Who has claimed they would want to pay 40m for Palmer?

Who has claimed they would want to pay 40m for Palmer?
Personally I think he should stay. Mahrez is leaving and he is home grown and club trained. Which means he isn't taking up a squad place from anyone. Also his performance in the Euros u-21's might just give him the confidence to kick on this season.

It'll be bearable if ...
A. We get a decent fee
B. It involves good buy back clause
C. It includes a good sell on clauses
D. Someone awesome comes in

I don’t imagine he’ll be going anywhere - either on a permanent deal or on loan - til we’ve got a replacement for Mahrez.

If we don’t bring a direct replacement in, this is exactly the chance Palmer has been looking for. He’s the most similar in style to Mahrez in our current squad, so is ideally positioned to benefit from him leaving.

So Brighton can want whatever the fuck they like - it’s isn’t going to happen.

He’s clearly not close to any move to Brighton, or anywhere else for that matter, given he’s gone on tour. All the players who have deals lined up have stayed at home.

Tells you everything you need to know about how advanced this deal is.

A permanent sale shouldn't be considered an option here I'd rather loan him out or keep him, loan or nowt cos Cole Palmer could really explode onto the scene if sent out on loan... I think the right loan move could completely inflate his confidence and sort his head out.

If he joins a Prem club on loan he could become a key player and might be worth £50m by the end of this season, when I say that I'm talking about neutrals saying this price he's a top talent. Brighton aren't stupid they know exactly what they're doing in targeting him, he just needs to gain confidence from getting more game time and we'll have a top player.

I'd rather we kept him and as backup to Bernardo and Phil on the right than sell, but a loan move to the right team would be very beneficial to the lad.

Finally for those saying less than £30m not that we should be interested in selling, Chelsea paid £30m for Madueke who is nowhere near the player Palmer is.

Personally I think he should stay. Mahrez is leaving and he is home grown and club trained. Which means he isn't taking up a squad place from anyone. Also his performance in the Euros u-21's might just give him the confidence to kick on this season.

Not really what I was asking, but I don't exactly disagree. I wonder how much Mahrez leaving affects his next move.

The club can:
1. Not bring anyone in and just let Palmer have a proper go at it. If Pep actually did this with commitment and a real shot for the lad, I'd support that. Can't really see it happening.
2. Sell him and take the Mahrez money along with the Palmer money and bring in a top player. Include a buy-back etc. Let Oscar fill in at youth level.
3. Loan him while bringing someone else in, although this makes less sense than if Mahrez were staying. Then he could have gained experience and progressed to potentially be ready to step in for Mahrez, anyone new would be on a longer deal and expect playing time.
4. Keep him around and sign someone else, good in terms of the squad, terrible for his development.

A permanent sale shouldn't be considered an option here I'd rather loan him out or keep him, loan or nowt cos Cole Palmer could really explode onto the scene if sent out on loan... I think the right loan move could completely inflate his confidence and sort his head out.

If he joins a Prem club on loan he could become a key player and might be worth £50m by the end of this season, when I say that I'm talking about neutrals saying this price he's a top talent. Brighton aren't stupid they know exactly what they're doing in targeting him, he just needs to gain confidence from getting more game time and we'll have a top player.

I'd rather we kept him and as backup to Bernardo and Phil on the right than sell, but a loan move to the right team would be very beneficial to the lad.

Finally for those saying less than £30m not that we should be interested in selling, Chelsea paid £30m for Madueke who is nowhere near the player Palmer is.

The opposite for me, keep him or sell him, a loan seems a bit pointless now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.