Cole Palmer

Surely he gives competition to Grelaish on the left though instead of taking Cole's minutes on the right? We have NO ONE who can play LW if Grealish is injured.
Well he’s a right winger, so i guess he could play out of position as could Alvarez/Bernardo/Foden, but far from ideal…

It feels like Cole is at a cross road or teetering on the edge of a good career with us or going and play another way.

As a young player he wants to use all he has learnt and his natural ability to go at the defenders all the time, but that's not how City play. Mahrez had to be patient, pass back, pass sideway until the perfect moment to go at the fullback or cut inside, but it took him time to learn that and get in the best position to make the most of his skill. Cole is impatient, understandably. If he does go, I suspect he won't be back under Pep. He'll be playing a different, more subtle style anywhere else.

There’s a top player in there for sure, hope we keep him and give Cole some decent game time this season.

More regular minutes will help build his confidence.

He wants to be guaranteed minutes.

That’s not an outlandish request.

Even with Doku coming in, they should be able to convince Palmer plenty of game time.

Convert Bernie and and Foden permanently to the midfield.

Palmer is at the best club in world football, under the best coach in world football and is getting game time in the first team. If he moves elsewhere, in search of playing week in week out, it'll be a step down for him. I'd love him to stay and turn into a top player but if he doesn't want to play for us then goodbye and good luck.

Sorry the vast majority of his best games even when playing in the youth teams he’s played on the right wing.

Sorry the vast majority of his best games even when playing in the youth teams he’s played on the right wing.

Isn’t that what I said? He’s not as good on the left as on the right? He doesn’t offer as much on the left as he does on the right.

Why is Cole Palmers quote interpreted as him suggesting he will be pushing to leave if City bring in another winger. Couldn't he mean he is unsure if City will have any room to accommodate him, and if not they will be the ones deciding he would be better on loan or sold.

What's all this about him forcing a move?

I'm a bit out of the loop atm can someone fill me in please?

Cole was a standout player for me last night and had more of an influence on the game than Phil. He's a young lad that just needs minutes and his confidence back. Hope he gets that here.
Here is the quotes. Make of it as you will:

Palmer knows the competition is very high to stay in the city 11. He knows we are about to buy new players and is saying he wants to go unless guaranteed game time. Not sure that will go down well with Pep but you never know. Maybe it’s time to give him a proper go but then again if the manager has doubts and Cole don’t want to wait then…

He wants to be guaranteed minutes.

That’s not an outlandish request.

Even with Doku coming in, they should be able to convince Palmer plenty of game time.

Convert Bernie and and Foden permanently to the midfield.
He'll get minutes, just depends if it would be as many as he wants.

Not easy really when players such as Foden and Bernardo can play that position (plus possibly a new signing) and we have the likes of Rodri, Kovacic, KDB plus Foden and Bernardo that can play centrally. He would probably be 3rd choice, at best, for his favoured position if we bring in another player, so he's mainly going to be starting in some cup games, covering for injuries and getting some minutes from the bench. All depends if that's enough for him.

We keep saying the squad is thin and we need to bring more players in yet we want to give playing time and develop our youngsters. It's a difficult balancing act.

He'll get minutes, just depends if it would be as many as he wants.

Not easy really when players such as Foden and Bernardo can play that position (plus possibly a new signing) and we have the likes of Rodri, Kovacic, KDB plus Foden and Bernardo that can play centrally. He would probably be 3rd choice, at best, for his favoured position if we bring in another player, so he's mainly going to be starting in some cup games, covering for injuries and getting some minutes from the bench. All depends if that's enough for him.

We keep saying the squad is thin and we need to bring more players in yet we want to give playing time and develop our youngsters. It's a difficult balancing act.
I see the winger options mainly as Grealish, Doku and Palmer.

There is many minutes there.

Foden, Bernie pure attacking midfield.

Alvarez striker/attacking midfield.

Kovacic, Paqueta attacking midfield/ defensive midfield.

There is a way to argue for many winger minutes available to Palmer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.