Just a strange transfer all over this.

1. how quickly this deal has come out of nowhere and been agreed
2. Us selling to a direct rival
3. Palmer moving, most likely, to be a squad player
4. £45million for a player that’s barely played for our first team

Football is mad these days.
£150’000 a week

Shame really.

Could turn out either way so easily. Has the ability for that to be a bargain but the (current) inconsistency for it to be another deal that didn’t work out.

Lavia + Palmer could well be our Salah or KDB versions. We will probably regret the sales and going for Phillips or £60m winger in their place. We will see
Lavia decided to leave before having a crack breaking into the first team (although the Kalvin Phillips' signing sped up that decision). Although it was a decent spell at Southampton it wasn't an outstanding season and I back the club on not bringing him back. Palmer we might regret but he was given a fair chance and just didn't quite take the opportunity, even at his age.

He will but for Chelsea
No chance, not with the current regime, if being round the players here hasnt made him step up and realise that you'll get your chance if you earn it like phil and rico, theres no way he'll thrive at the lunacy that is chelsea

For me part of this comes down to the fact that deep down I feel like it would be amazing to have a team where most of the players are English or or especially local academy players. It just feels more authentic. Like when you see Phil against the rags you understand how much he wants to beat them. Palmer is surely the second or third most exciting prospect to come out of our academy in the last decade. I want him to stay and do well. But I get that pep doesn’t see it like this and he is happy to buy anybody to bring the success.
I'd love a Manchester Derby with 22 local lads.

Ah yes! moving to Chelsea for consistent minutes. let's hope that sterling, nkuku, mudryk, madueke, Broja, Gallagher & Hudson odoi don't play too much then!

Let's also hope they don't sign a few more before the window shuts, and a few more in January as well!

In all honesty best of luck cole lad, but I don't think Chelsea is the wisest choice, if you back yourself to THAT extent you're better off here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.