Cole Palmer

I think Cole is a fantastic player, and we will really regret this for a long time.

But I also think that’s a good thing long term. IMO the club and management consistently underrate our youth players and seeing Palmer, Lavia etc go on to be world class somewhere else will make them think twice next time there’s a choice between trusting a kid or buying a Phillips.

Bobb and McAtee can fill Palmers role this season.
Palmer will not be world class.

If you look at all the chitchat and "reading the room" pep said he was going to stay or sold palmer spoke about game time wanting to play and to see if any players come in! So really there is only one outcome that was going to happen?! Don't forget the package chelsea be offering him will make him a multi millionaire! It's probably an 8 year deal on something like 75/100k a week at least that will turn any young kids head..

I think Cole is a fantastic player, and we will really regret this for a long time.

But I also think that’s a good thing long term. IMO the club and management consistently underrate our youth players and seeing Palmer, Lavia etc go on to be world class somewhere else will make them think twice next time there’s a choice between trusting a kid or buying a Phillips.

We might have to learn how good they are the hard way but there’s a lot of kids just as talented as Palmer in the pipeline.

Oh and also Foden, Lavia, Doyle and McAtee have made our youth players really desirable and worth a ton of money. If Palmer fulfils his potential that premium for a City academy player will go up again. So that’s nice.

Short term Bobb and/or McAtee can fill Palmers role from last season.
And if they don't turn out to be world class?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.