Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

For those who never saw him play, he was KdB on steroids, his passing was sublime,he was supremely skilled, he was brilliant in the air, he could tackle, he could finish, he could run all day and he was a humble man, who loved our club.

In our pantheon of greats some may come close, but none will ever surpass the King of the Kippax.

His comeback game still sends shivers down my spine, i have never heard a ground as loud in my life as the Kippax was that day.

RIP The King, you were my hero, I loved you more than any City player i have ever seen or likely to see, he was everything I wanted to be as a kid, i even worse my shirt like him, insisted i had the 8 shirt at school.

I am heartbroken, your hero's are not meant to die.
OMG That comeback game has lived with me forever !

Knocked the wind out of me this one, I’m 42 so never saw him play live but I felt like I did after listening to my dad since I can remember
I was at the butlins football camp on holiday one year and Bell was the Ex Pro for the week, my dad dragged me down over like a child himself to get my picture with him even though I didn’t know who he was, I was probably hoping to meet Mark Lillis

Having never seen him play other than highlight reels, I can only imagine the loss old school City fans feel today. It’s an awful thing when our heroes when we are young — sporting or otherwise — move on to the next life. Cherish their memory, and appreciate them while they are here. RIP.

For those who never saw him play, he was KdB on steroids, his passing was sublime,he was supremely skilled, he was brilliant in the air, he could tackle, he could finish, he could run all day and he was a humble man, who loved our club.

In our pantheon of greats some may come close, but none will ever surpass the King of the Kippax.

His comeback game still sends shivers down my spine, i have never heard a ground as loud in my life as the Kippax was that day.

RIP The King, you were my hero, I loved you more than any City player i have ever seen or likely to see, he was everything I wanted to be as a kid, i even worse my shirt like him, insisted i had the 8 shirt at school.

I am heartbroken, your hero's are not meant to die.
Magnificent tribute

Glad I was able to see him. One of the greatest players to wear the blue shirt. RIP The King. Anyone who gets the chance to see any videos of him will know what I mean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.