Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

I saw him play just the once v QPR 1978 at Maine Road.
I feel very very fortunate to have witnessed this legend score a goal for city in the flesh.
We won 2-1.
RIP Colin the King

I think when someone names there son after him it is all you need to know in what light they viewed them, my brother was bestowed the honour...

My old man is devastated and I remember fondly his stories when growing up about the king...

A sad day indeed, however, if there is such a thing as an afterlife, he’ll be playing the game he loved with the ease in which he was given his god given talent, alongside the greats who have gone before, and never looking out of place...

RIP to the King

Such very sad news.

The King was already well established within the City side when I first started following the club, and was always one of my favourite players.

I was never lucky enough to see him play live, but I watched him on TV whenever I could, which wasn’t very often.

However m I was fortunate enough to meet him on at least two occasions, and he was very courteous and patient with a Blue, delighted and excited to meet one of his boyhood heroes in the flesh.

My condolences to his family and friends.

R. I. P. Colin.

You will always be The King

Colin Bell was the player who, as a young 10 year old, started my love for City back in 1969. I remember watching him on the Granada match on a Sunday afternoon and was just mesmerised. For me the best ever player at City and I was genuinely shocked and upset when I heard just now. Hugely sad news and my sympathies to his family. Rest easy, God bless and thanks for the memories.

For those who never saw him play, he was KdB on steroids, his passing was sublime,he was supremely skilled, he was brilliant in the air, he could tackle, he could finish, he could run all day and he was a humble man, who loved our club.

In our pantheon of greats some may come close, but none will ever surpass the King of the Kippax.

His comeback game still sends shivers down my spine, i have never heard a ground as loud in my life as the Kippax was that day.

RIP The King, you were my hero, I loved you more than any City player i have ever seen or likely to see, he was everything I wanted to be as a kid, i even worse my shirt like him, insisted i had the 8 shirt at school.

I am heartbroken, your hero's are not meant to die.
Beautifully said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.