Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

I'm genuinely saddened by the news, was definitely my all time favourite player,saw his first game at Maine Rd. after they'd bought him from Bury.One of the greatest players to have graced the game,even met him once when he had the restaurant with Colin Waldron in Whitefield,an absolutely wonderful and genuine human being.
RIP Colin

Condolences of course to his family who have lost much more than a footballer. In truth though to many of us he was simply the best footballer who ever breathed or ever will breathe. He was worshipped. In 1968 we were neck and neck with United for the title and we went to Old Trafford for a crucial night game. No live TV then and I was only a nipper. The next day headline was 'For whom the Bell tolls'. A rather apt title for today as well sadly. I will never forget you Colin, thanks so much for being part of my life.

PS We did win the match and went on to win the League in our traditional dramatic fashion.

He’s the greatest inside forward that the world has ever seen
Sad News, will have possibly seen him play at Maine Road but was too young to remember .

I heard a couple of different versions of the above song?

“Greatest Centre Forward that...”
“Greatest Aceist Forward that...”
?
RIP Colin The KING.

Well played Colin. You had a life we could only dream of, and you were an ultimate gent to go with it.

As sad as today is, celebrate his life.

I hope we beat the rags tomorrow and are able to sing Colin the king at Wembley in April.
Well said Pal !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.