Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

I remember my Nan buying me the home shirt in early 70’s, in the days when you couldn’t get a shirt with a number on. I was gutted it didn’t have Colin’s number on the back, so bless her, she trawled sports shops all over Manc to get a white number 8, before eventually finding one on Wilmslow Road. She then proceeded to painstakingly sew the number on herself. She knew what the King meant to her young grandson.

So sad to read of his passing and hope you can allow this Gooner to express his regrets? I was at Uni in Manchester in the early mid 70s and lucky enough to have seen him play many many times with the likes of Summerbee and Lee. He was a truly world class player, in many ways, like was said of Martin Peters, ahead of his time. We tend to exalt many players today but few now are his equal in my view. Very sad, such a truly great player. I’m glad I enjoyed seeing him in his pomp. I offer you my sincerest sympathies and condolences and I’m sure the club will honour him as he is due. He deserves no less.
Well said mate, not sure I have ever agreed with you before, but that was a classy post, thanks

Awful news, RIP King Colin. I feel sad to have never been able to watch him live, but the enthusiasm and love that my Dad spoke about him with was undoubtedly part of my early experience as a City fan. I was captivated, mesmerised by the videos. I don’t know if anyone else had the below VHS back in the day but come to think of it, watching this is my earliest memory of City. What a player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.