Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

Totally agree and said the same tonight to a friend. It spoils the song and stops the momentum. When did this even start i dont recall it in my early supporting days?
When we can all get back to the match, it would be great if the whole ground is singing this as the players enter the field at that first home game.

My son told me the news earlier this evening. I started to well up and had to go upstairs to compose myself.

Colin Bell was my hero, my idol.

I've only ever had one footballing hero and that was Colin Bell. I've only ever owned one replica shirt and that was because of Colin Bell. My favourite number is number 8 and that's because of Colin Bell.

As a kid growing up, Colin Bell gave me a chance to be like him. For those hours, days, weeks, months and years playing football in the house, in the garden, in the playground, in the park, and on the pitch, he gave me so much happiness because I too was Colin Bell.

God bless you King Colin

My son told me the news earlier this evening. I started to well up and had to go upstairs to compose myself.

Colin Bell was my hero, my idol.

I've only ever had one footballing hero and that was Colin Bell. I've only ever owned one replica shirt and that was because of Colin Bell. My favourite number is number 8 and that's because of Colin Bell.

As a kid growing up, Colin Bell gave me a chance to be like him. For those hours, days, weeks, months and years playing football in the house, in the garden, in the playground, in the park, and on the pitch, he gave me so much happiness because I too was Colin Bell.

God bless you King Colin

lovely post that mate

I count myself lucky to have seen Colin Bell play many, many times. He would have made any City team - including the wonderful one we have now. What a player he was. This really hurts.

So did I. Was washing the pots and had to stop. Never done that before unless it was a family member. Just brought back great memories.
yep mate so.did I. Shed tears tonight. A truly unique and special man. The reason I'm a blue. Saw him many times. met him. A more humble man be difficult to find. We've lost one of out own. Hope tomorrow we do the shit for him..

My first city hero was Jonny crossan then we signed Colin Bell and he just blew me away what a player and he had signed for my team. I think his debut was Rotherham away but I’m sure I will be corrected if wrong, I had the radio on in the kitchen and he scored the only goal to win 0-1 the rest is history I’m so glad and honoured to have witnessed in my opinion the greatest player we ever had. He was our hero he was our King and will always be our King.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.