Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

Rip the king. A pure, natural talent.

Can we revive the Colin the King song, without the daft worrrrrrrrrrlllld bit that causes it to break down?
Totally agree and said the same tonight to a friend. It spoils the song and stops the momentum. When did this even start i dont recall it in my early supporting days?

Such sad news, seemingly universally thought of as a magnificent player, and a humble family man off the pitch.

Condolences to his family and everyone lucky enough to see him play.

It’s been quite an emotional night this, as it brings back lots of memories of my years spent at the game with my late dad. I’m sure it does to others too.

I remember my dad being absolutely overjoyed when during our one and only hospitality suite visit, he got to meet his hero. It made his year!

I was too young to really understand the quality of the player but I listened to plenty of stories.

Everyone says you remember your first game but I don’t as I was only about 7. The first game I do remember is the Boxing Day game he took me to when Colin made his comeback. That was the game that absolutely made me understand why he loved this club so much. I was 8, I was hooked.

It is a very sad day for all who understand what this club is about and what our fans are about.

The respect being shown on social media from many people and former players is very touching and I’m sure a great comfort to his family.

RIP Legend.

Never saw him play but the pride older blues had in him and his team mates from the 60s/70s illuminated the dark times in the 80s and 90s when I was a regular match goer. RIP Colin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.