Colin Bell's beef with City

Kazzydeyna said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Dennis Tueart? mmmmmmmmmm, don't think so.
As for bell, he should take that rather large chip he carries on his shoulder and have it surgically removed, buzzer deserves everything he reaps, top bloke, never been aloof and certainly never gotten above his station.

As an earlier poster suggested you must have to wrong guy in mind.

We could sign messi and he could score 80 goals a season, win us the CL,EPL,FA cup and world club championship single handed and he still would not come close to Colin Bell in my eyes.

He was my first hero. He made this club in the modern day.

Where were you when we were shit?

I love Buzzer too but still cringe at the memory of him as a studios guest for one of the derbies in the 90's, clearly drunk and coming out with the staple "we used to beat them every week"

Bell is a true legend.

Am i missin' something here Kazzy? why would you cringe at this from THE MAN? don't think i seen it as i was very probably at the said game, but if an ex-blue comes on the tele half pissed and gets amongst the grovelling, snivelling, pathetic media yes men then i'm all for it.

Met Colin for the first time last year,drove past him and drove round the block to see if indeed it was him.Stopped and chatted with him for a while and he came across as a very polite sincere intelligent man.He seemed a little awkward when I said he was my hero, so I guess he is not very comfortable with the fame.Many
months latter was at Eastlands entrance after a night match when Colin was walking out,he saw me recognised me and said hello, made my night as my lad was thrilled Colin Bell had said hi to his dad.Whilst talking to Colin his passion for City
was a match for mine and his unpretentious nature only further lifted him in my opinion.

Colin Bell still works for City, he is at every game (well almost every game) and he usually walks around the suites greeting fans who are dining there. He is a very popular figure and always has a word with fans, he is a great guy.

Colin Bell is a modest, unassuming, normal bloke who is uncomfortable with 'celebrity' as his book title 'Reluctant hero' suggests.

In his playing days, he always came across as the bloke who was really good at doing what we would all love to be doing but he was still the kid you'd grown up with and hadn't become affected by his success. I don't think he's changed in that way at all.

To this day, and to his credit, he refuses to blame Martin Buchan and gives him the benefit of the doubt for the tackle that ultimately cost him his career and many more England caps (maybe even the captaincy).

Whatever was behind the fall out with Frannie, I hope it is now behind them and they can get on together.

Reluctant hero maybe but always a true hero to City fans.

Someone earlier mentioned Neil Young. I believe he is also now 'employed' on match days in the hospitality areas. The club is finally beginning to appreciate and value its past heroes.

nijinskybell said:
Colin Bell is a modest, unassuming, normal bloke who is uncomfortable with 'celebrity' as his book title 'Reluctant hero' suggests.

In his playing days, he always came across as the bloke who was really good at doing what we would all love to be doing but he was still the kid you'd grown up with and hadn't become affected by his success. I don't think he's changed in that way at all.

To this day, and to his credit, he refuses to blame Martin Buchan and gives him the benefit of the doubt for the tackle that ultimately cost him his career and many more England caps (maybe even the captaincy).

Whatever was behind the fall out with Frannie, I hope it is now behind them and they can get on together.

Someone earlier mentioned Neil Young. I believe he is also now 'employed' on match days in the hospitality areas. The club is finally beginning to appreciate and value its past heroes.

I am pleased to hear that. Especially considering his recent health issues.

Well done City, again.

fbloke said:
nijinskybell said:

Well done City, again.

Well thats all very well but what are we going to do with TC (Tony Coleman)
Bouncer on the door maybe ??
Smooth talking fucker he was,especially at Wembley with Princess Anne.

daveduke67 said:
I suppose offence is all he could take - there's bugger all in the trophy room -yet ;-)

I saw a blue carpet in excellent condition advertised on ebay the other day. I wonder if.......

oakiecokie said:
fbloke said:

Well done City, again.

Well thats all very well but what are we going to do with TC (Tony Coleman)
Bouncer on the door maybe ??
Smooth talking fucker he was,especially at Wembley with Princess Anne.

He should have been given the job as Robinho's handler ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.