nananaaa, na na na na naaa na na na na na na na naaa,
his name is georgie best he,s a bloody big disgrace,
with long hairy whiskers hanging from his face,
he runs down the wing and he does a little twirl,
he dances round the corner flag just like a little girl,
nananaaa na na na naaa na na na na nananaaa,
oldies but goodies?

Vienna_70 said:
I heard / read that King Colin was sacked by the then manager (forget who it was) and went to Franny to ask him to intervene.

Lee refused to do so, saying it was not his job to tell the manager which coaches to employ and Colin took umbrage at Franny's stance.

And in most businesses, Franny would be correct!

When i was growing up he was my hero !,luckily i've made a few bob and moved to Hale just along from BELL and Tueart live ,i am sad to say MR Bell is the rudest most arrogant man i have ever met,had no time for anybody and completly blanked me and my city loving son on every occassion.Hes moved now to near Arley Hall.
Its sad aint it you have these heros and they nearly all turn out to be absolute twats and wankers !

king colin the man was a hero to all us of a certain age simply best best player city,s ever had kinky probably had a bit more skill perhaps(but will we talk about him in 40 years) to put it in simple terms think heart of tevez heading ability of r.s.c and shot of paul scholes and u had colin bell. just because he,s a shy guy don,t mean he,s got a chip on his shoulder for gods sake. anybody there on his come back game after injury (although he was only half fit) will never forget it.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Dennis Tueart? mmmmmmmmmm, don't think so.
As for bell, he should take that rather large chip he carries on his shoulder and have it surgically removed, buzzer deserves everything he reaps, top bloke, never been aloof and certainly never gotten above his station.

As an earlier poster suggested you must have to wrong guy in mind.

We could sign messi and he could score 80 goals a season, win us the CL,EPL,FA cup and world club championship single handed and he still would not come close to Colin Bell in my eyes.

He was my first hero. He made this club in the modern day.

Where were you when we were shit?

I love Buzzer too but still cringe at the memory of him as a studios guest for one of the derbies in the 90's, clearly drunk and coming out with the staple "we used to beat them every week"

Bell is a true legend.

cubanheels said:
When i was growing up he was my hero !,luckily i've made a few bob and moved to Hale just along from BELL and Tueart live ,i am sad to say MR Bell is the rudest most arrogant man i have ever met,had no time for anybody and completly blanked me and my city loving son on every occassion.Hes moved now to near Arley Hall.
Its sad aint it you have these heros and they nearly all turn out to be absolute twats and wankers !

Ever thought it might be you?

I too have been lucky enough to be in many ex-players company over the last few years, during my way too infrequent trips back 'home' and Colin has been one i have truly enjoyed every minute of. He is, by some considerable margin, my all time favourite so accuse me of bias by al means, but he is a true gentleman who always has time to speak with fans. Yes, he is somewhat shy and unassuming, but he is a fountain of knowledge and has a very deep, genuine affection for our great club and speaks highly of all concerned within it.

His 'beef' with Franny is well known and indeed well documented elsewhere, it is real and along with many others, I think it’s probably beyond repair unfortunately, as its very deep from Colin’s side I’m afraid….Along with Buzzer, all 3 are true ‘Legends’ in every sense of the word, so let’s not tarnish this deserved reputation by digging up issues that really need to be left unturned, as its simply out of our hands completely and much closer (to the issue) people have tried and still try to help build the bridges between Colin and Franny.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Dennis Tueart? mmmmmmmmmm, don't think so.
As for bell, he should take that rather large chip he carries on his shoulder and have it surgically removed, buzzer deserves everything he reaps, top bloke, never been aloof and certainly never gotten above his station.

Think your talking shite there Zin.

Met Colin last season and a nicer bloke i couldn't have met. Very down to earth, explained that the corporate side of things wasn't so much his scene, but was very thankful to still be involved at City in some way. He also said that he'd give anything to be back out on the pitch cos thats where his heart is.

Compare that to another ex player i met that day who shall remain nameless, now he did carry a big chip on his shoulder and was full of himself. Didn't really like him much and seemed a bit of a know it all and there wasn't much room left in the place with his ego kicking about.

But hey, each to their own.

i kne albert davy said:
king colin the man was a hero to all us of a certain age simply best best player city,s ever had kinky probably had a bit more skill perhaps(but will we talk about him in 40 years) to put it in simple terms think heart of tevez heading ability of r.s.c and shot of paul scholes and u had colin bell. just because he,s a shy guy don,t mean he,s got a chip on his shoulder for gods sake. anybody there on his come back game after injury (although he was only half fit) will never forget it.

I`ll never forget that Newcastle game when he came back from that awful injury.
The crescendo of noise was unbelieveable and thanks must also go to the Geordie Fans who were also chanting his name.
The only time at a football match that I,ve ever had to stop myself from crying.
God I hate that twat Martin Buchann even now !!!!!

PaulPowerShower said:
cubanheels said:

Ever thought it might be you?

Funniest thing i've read today.

Shy guy = Twat and Wanker.

Lucky for you made a few bob cubanheels. But your luck was probably Bell's worst fuckin nightmare having someone like you move into the neighbourhood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.