Colin Bell's beef with City

Ricster said:
PaulPowerShower said:
Ever thought it might be you?

Funniest thing i've read today.

Shy guy = Twat and Wanker.

Lucky for you made a few bob cubanheels. But your luck was probably Bell's worst fuckin nightmare having someone like you move into the neighbourhood

Didn't make his money as an English teacher that's a fact.

It`s a shame that Colin and Frannie didn`t get on,because they are the finest and one of the finest footballers i have had the pleasure of seeing in a City shirt.
All City fans owe these 2 and the team they played in a debt of gratitude.
When other supporters tell us we have no history it is in a large part to these players.We can tell them that they are talking out of their arse.

i was thinking buzzer...bee!

that's my contribution to the thread...

All legends in my eyes, everyone has differences with others and makes mistakes, it's life, shouldn't take away what they did in their city blue shirts, a lesson in dedication, commitment, passion, loyalty and talent that all our current roster should aspire to come somewhere near to.

Deepest Blue said:
Colin's a bit shy which can be misinterpreted as aloofness but he really is a decent fella.

This, met him when I was about 12 and he was very modest and classy, and as the poster mentioned, quite shy. Top bloke.

the blue panther said:
Met Bell twice at the ground in the last couple of years and he is an absolutely top bloke

Anyone who thought he had a chip on his shoulder must have met either the wrong guy, or Colin on an extremely bad day. as far as i know, he's still an ambassador.

very surprised at some comments above

Same here, he's been a gentleman when i've met him, he is pretty shy though and maybe someone has taken that for him being chippy instead.

I've met Bell only the once when he was with Lee, Summerbee, Young, Oakes et al. when they all came for a meal at Franny's brother's restaurant that I worked at. They were all pleasant and very down to earth guys. Bell was probably the quietest but was a true gentleman. I got to know Franny during the time I worked there and have spoken to him several times since and even conducted an interview with him for my dissertation a few years back. He said they're all mates again now but mentioned what went on and it's all water under the bridge.

On one occasion I met Summerbee and he was unbelievably abrupt and rude, but put it down to being a bad day cause he's normally great. I don't hold that one occasion against him though. Those calling Bell arrogant need to seriously give their head a wobble.

met them both on a good few occasions, both mint and completly different animals.
Bell is quiet and polite, buzzer is upfront and very opinionated.
so at a glance, one would seem like he has not got the time of day for you and the other has got too much to say.
when in fact both are good ambassadors for city and should remain so.

db79ctid said:
bakerdave76 said:
Colin Bell - Reluctant Hero, his autobiography says it all he is a very quiet /shy person good read !
This. He also says in the book about settling out of court for unfair dismissal because he didn't want to bad mouth the club in public which a few nowadays could learn from. Always has been shy and says so in his book about hating to have to meet guests at his bell waldorf restaurant during his playing days. Good book if a bit boring, intresting read about him but don't expect scandal cause there ain't none. Don't think he has too many bad words to say about people just accepts people are different and doesn't really judge them

The restaurant was called the Bell Waldron who he co owned with Colin Waldron for some time!! This was a local place to me just being a mile or so up the road on Elms square, my grandfather used to take us in there for meals on special occasions and birthdays which is where I first met Colin Bell, The guy was nothing short of a true legend!! when my grandfather told him I was a young blue, he came out of his office and introduced himself to me and my sister and made a big fuss of us and made sure our table was well looked after, He disappeared into the kitchen for a few minutes before coming back with some Bell Waldron business cards which were the size of a postcards which he had autographed for us both, he said "I can give you them now or you can pick them up in a few days time as some of the team will be in and I’ll get them to sign them for you as well" So we left them with him.
He disappeared after that as I suppose he was quite busy and we carried on with our meal, we had finished our main course when the waiter came in with the two biggest Banana splits you have ever seen, they were on dinner plates!! I made an absolute pig of myself but managed not to be sick (god knows how).
A few weeks later my grandfather took my gran out for a meal and they came back with the business cards, unfortunately he had only managed to get Mike Doyle and Joe Royals signatures but that didn’t matter one jot to me!! It was the fact he went out of his way to look after a young blue!! A proper gent and true legend.

met colin a few times in the east stand stand exec and he's always come across as a pretty sound bloke. don't know who mentioned about living near him in hale barns, but he sold up and moved somewhere near northwich, I think, about two years ago.

when i was about 12, my mate was on city's book and i used to go to platt lane with him while he trained occasionally.bell was training the youngsters one night and i was stood at the side of the pitch when a shot by bell came wide of the goal towards me. i went after the ball and side footed it to him. with his first touch he passed it back to me. so i again passed it back. he shouted "good passing son" or something like that. something so simple had me buzzing for ages. going back home and telling my dad i'd played a one-two with colin bell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.