Colonoscopy

So just got done with the colonoscopy. Nothing serious. They found 2 tiny rectal polyps and internal hemmorroids. I asked the doctor if they are cancerous and he said no. They have sent it for biopsy but he also said he is 99.99% sure its not precancerous. I am wondering how could he tell? Anyone have any info?
Glad everything went OK for you mate.

My uncle had his done today 2 polyps removed but they have seen something they want biopsies on so hoping the results come back ok.

So just got done with the colonoscopy. Nothing serious. They found 2 tiny rectal polyps and internal hemmorroids. I asked the doctor if they are cancerous and he said no. They have sent it for biopsy but he also said he is 99.99% sure its not precancerous. I am wondering how could he tell? Anyone have any info?
Stop worrying, they know because they are experienced. Pleased all went well.

Hi blue.

I’ve had 2 colonoscopies and I’m 36. I Cana sure you, and as others have said the worst part of the whole procedure is the drink they give you the day before hand. There is usually 2 parts to the solution, the first part is semi tolerable, but part 2 is really not great and was a chore to get down. Make sure you manage to drink it somehow.

Strangely I quite enjoyed the side effect of the drink, never felt so cleaned out after I had it!

The procedure itself you will have the option of sedation which is through a canula or gas and air. I’ve done both ways, trust me take the sedation. I thought I would brave it last time in gas and air, and the discomfort was far worse then the canula being inserted.

During both ways of the procedure, you are semi conscious and can watch the small camera working its way through your bowel and intestine. I hate anything medical and I’m squeamish to say the least, but there was something semi mind blowing watching your insides in a large screen in a room of doctors and nurses!

One thing I will say, please under no circumstances feel embarrassed when you are there for the operation. The staff at hospital are the upmost professional and look after you in every single way possible. When the camera is being inserted, part of the endoscope (tool they use for the procedure which consists of a light, camera and small air tube) blows air inside your intestine to inflate it for a better picture. The side effect of this is you need the biggest fart of your entire life afterwards. You feel as though you will shit yourself but you won’t as there is nothing inside of you. I was really embarrassed but the staff (both female nurses) were singing “let it go - frozen) as I relieved myself and we were all laughing and joking about it. My point is they have been there, seen it a thousand times and they don’t care mate.

The side effect of this is you need the biggest fart of your entire life afterwards. You feel as though you will shit yourself but you won’t as there is nothing inside of you.

Thats coz they pump you up with air to get the camera etc up you and lessen the chances of causing a damage in there. I have found that there are a few rippers to come out until its situation normal. A few sprints to the bog afterwards coz you think you are going to shit yourself but it just sounds like you are in a sawmill because you have to gradually fill the void with food.

Agree with the laxative drink - worst thing about the whole procedure.

If like me you have a terrible gag reflex THE worst thing is an endoscopy

Thats coz they pump you up with air to get the camera etc up you and lessen the chances of causing a damage in there. I have found that there are a few rippers to come out until its situation normal. A few sprints to the bog afterwards coz you think you are going to shit yourself but it just sounds like you are in a sawmill because you have to gradually fill the void with food.

Agree with the laxative drink - worst thing about the whole procedure.

If like me you have a terrible gag reflex THE worst thing is an endoscopy

Usually they use CO2 which the body absorbs back in so lessens the effects, one I had they didnt have any CO2 so they used air.. that was epic flatulence.

I had a sigmoidoscopy in September which diagnosed Divertcula, removed a polyp and the biopsy has come back as Tubular Adenoma with low grade dysplasia now have to go and have a Colonoscopy in Novemeber to check if anything else there, hopefully routine but still have those nagging feelings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.