come back mark hughes

Prestwich_Blue said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
i personally don't want to see MH anywhere near our club again. For me he's now in the same bracket as Frank Clark, Stuart Pearce, Alan Ball as the clubs worst ever managers!!
Quite right. Top 6 in the Premiership and in the semis of the Carling Cup when he went. Bloody clown.

Top 6 at the time but with very little evidence that we were going to stay there - 1 win in 10 games after the Spurs game.

He can have no complaints, he's spent the money, got his own players in, and it was up to him then to get the best out of them and he didn't.

Some fans still to this day have'nt come to terms with how the club has moved on and how big the manager's job has become and we need somebody with presence, experience, respect from the players and a successful track record. And by that I don't mean managing Wales and Blackburn.

And the end of the day, it may not even be Mancini although I get the feeling he is just part of an overall plan and one that maybe he is happy to go along with.

If we have aspirations and ambitions of becoming a top side, we need one of the best coaches in football in charge. The job at our club now needs such an animal.

In time, we will look back at our own list of managers who we thought were capable of taking our club were it wants to be. And the name of Mark Hughes will find it's own level.

If Mancini has everyone fit for Sunday then its his biggest challenge yet
to pick a team to WIN against Scousepool, not defend for 90 minutes
passing it sideways and backwards, get the terriers on Bellamy, SWP, Tevez,
run at them.

nevilletogoater-in said:
i personally don't want to see MH anywhere near our club again. For me he's now in the same bracket as Frank Clark, Stuart Pearce, Alan Ball as the clubs worst ever managers!!

Didn't want Hughes in the first place, thought we would get the worst of Blackburn and not the best (is there a best?) but once he got on the road I didn't think it would be worthwhile to sack him, but in the clear light of day and with a suitable amount of time to reflect, he comes nowhere near the worst manager we've had.

Much of the work behind the scenes, bringing the club's infrastructure into that which reflects the ambitions of a NewTopFour team was Hughes' doing. There is a recent thread about Hughes' Legacy. Well, I think that Mancini has walked into a set up where all he needs to think about is the starting eleven and little else. Hughes has done the donkey work for him.

nevilletogoater-in said:

CLOWN OF THE WEEK AWARD.

I'm sure if he asks the right questions in the right areas! After conceding 3 or so goals that is.

Could everyone who supports MH rather than City please use: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.greytaff.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.greytaff.com/forum</a> that way we could have more relevant threads on our front page considering we are approaching one of the more important games of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.