Come on Arsenal!!!

mackenzie said:
Unknown_Genius said:
I just don't think we should get over confident about finishing 4th. As tonight showed, things can change in the blink of an eye. Spurs are more than capable of beating Chelsea, and of nicking at least a point at OT. I'm refusing to dream, I know this club too well.

So do I.

But the thing is something I alluded to in an earlier post, in that post mortems about fixtures coming up should be left until AFTER the fixture. You and I can only deal with the here and now. And now we are in the driving seat. Who knows, with hindsight after the season finishes we could look at this spuds result as something that tipped us into making that big stride forward in the remaining fixtures.

Or maybe it won't.

But let's try and shake off the old pessimism in the present. I know it's soddin hard, but let's get the in the mindset that we are deserving of finishing fourth and that we WILL do it.

Spot on post

RBmk2 said:
That game showed more about why Arsenal will win jack shit playing tippy-tappy picture postcard football and why we've beaten them twice already this season.

When the chips are down they have too many players with absolutely no bollocks for a real fight.
They undresetimated spuds just like they did us,and if those two hapless clowns Campbell and Silvestre play at centre back against us I feel we are well capable of getting a result at the Emirates.

Pretty pretty Keep-ball is all well and good against Hull and Burnley-but against the bigger sides who are determined and know how to mix it, Arsenal struggle.
Wenger needs to admit his "ultimate football" team is great to watch but no matter how much he tries to convince everyone- that alone ultimately won't win trophies anymore.

The world game has changed.

To be fair, Campbell played well tonight.

Came on to see what your reaction was. Was a poor arsenal performance no doubt but we were bound to have one bad performance against spurs and lose in over ten years of football.

Gallas, Song, Fabregas, RVP, Arshavin the first five names on arsenals team sheet all out plus vermaelan going off in first half plus our 3rd choice CB djourou out so im not worried too much. Rvp showed once again that if he has a full season then he will be well in the top bracket with drogba rooney torres. If fabregas and rvp can play full seasons each cant see many defences withstanding that. We did average 3.56 goals (thereabout) in our first 1/3 of season when they were playing together.

Those saying city will finish above arsenal, I know you've got to aim high but i must have lost count the number of times you and spurs have been saying that this season and i cant see anything else changing.

You will get 4th, you've got better squad, better players, better fixtures and a point headstart. Rather you then the scum.

Result against Sunderland could easily have gone the other way as we'd have expected so no difference in the end. I think we can afford to lose one but ideally a win against the rags and a win for Chelsea leaves us sat firmly in charge before a massive game vs Spurs obviously.

Can't help thinking that if Wenger had bought a top goalscorer when RVP was ruled out for most of the season, not sure who but relying on bendtner is crazy, they'd be top of the league and maybe CL semi,

They play by far the best stuff in the PL until the final third, then end up giving it away every time.

Major bollock dropped by Wenger this season I think.

gunnerpr said:
Came on to see what your reaction was. Was a poor arsenal performance no doubt but we were bound to have one bad performance against spurs and lose in over ten years of football.

Gallas, Song, Fabregas, RVP, Arshavin the first five names on arsenals team sheet all out plus vermaelan going off in first half plus our 3rd choice CB djourou out so im not worried too much. Rvp showed once again that if he has a full season then he will be well in the top bracket with drogba rooney torres. If fabregas and rvp can play full seasons each cant see many defences withstanding that. We did average 3.56 goals (thereabout) in our first 1/3 of season when they were playing together.

Those saying city will finish above arsenal, I know you've got to aim high but i must have lost count the number of times you and spurs have been saying that this season and i cant see anything else changing.

You will get 4th, you've got better squad, better players, better fixtures and a point headstart. Rather you then the scum.

It was always accepted as a long shot to finish above you, we'll be happy with 4th, you're right about RVP, who will you have got back when we're due to play?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.