Come on Arsenal!!!

Spurs fans were right behind their team for 95 mins. We must do the same if we really want The Champions League.

mackenzie said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Shouldn't that be "if"? : l

No.

Keep the Faith.

Any rational spuds fan would tell you that they are simply playing catch up. Think about it if we were in their shoes.

I just don't think we should get over confident about finishing 4th. As tonight showed, things can change in the blink of an eye. Spurs are more than capable of beating Chelsea, and of nicking at least a point at OT. I'm refusing to dream, I know this club too well.

Immaculate Pasta said:
A full strength Spurs side JUST managed to beat an Arsenal side minus Fabregas, Arshavin, Gallas and a fully fit RVP.

nothing to worry about here, move along please.

No Lennon no Palacios....not a full stregth Spurs at all.

Immaculate Pasta said:
A full strength Spurs side JUST managed to beat an Arsenal side minus Fabregas, Arshavin, Gallas and a fully fit RVP.

To be fair, Spurs weren't exactly at full strength. Remember, their most dangerous player Lennon still out, Woodgate still out (as always), while their midfield enforcer Palacious along with Krancjar were suspended. Jenas was also missing but he is wank anyway.

If we finish above Spurs, we need to try and grab Bale off them, the best British left-back since Cashley Cole (or will be if he isn't already).

Cobwebcat said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

No Lennon no Palacios....not a full stregth Spurs at all.

You take out Lennon you get Bentley.
You take out Palacios you get Modric/Huddlestone.

You take out Fabregas you are left with Denilson.
You take out RVP you are left with Bendtner.

Not quite the same.

Unknown_Genius said:
mackenzie said:
No.

Keep the Faith.

Any rational spuds fan would tell you that they are simply playing catch up. Think about it if we were in their shoes.

I just don't think we should get over confident about finishing 4th. As tonight showed, things can change in the blink of an eye. Spurs are more than capable of beating Chelsea, and of nicking at least a point at OT. I'm refusing to dream, I know this club too well.

So do I.

But the thing is something I alluded to in an earlier post, in that post mortems about fixtures coming up should be left until AFTER the fixture. You and I can only deal with the here and now. And now we are in the driving seat. Who knows, with hindsight after the season finishes we could look at this spuds result as something that tipped us into making that big stride forward in the remaining fixtures.

Or maybe it won't.

But let's try and shake off the old pessimism in the present. I know it's soddin hard, but let's get the in the mindset that we are deserving of finishing fourth and that we WILL do it.

Wenger cost Arsenal the title

a) No replacement for Van Persie - Bendtner is not in the lcass of Rooney, Drogba, Anelka and how much possession do Arsenal have without a cutting edge

b) No cover at Centre-half. What's Slivestre doing playing for a top 4 team? I thought Campbell was outstanding tonight. Wenger got that decision right anyway, when everyone else including me thought he was mad bringing him back. Only he and Rosicky performed tonight

c) Almunia. One of the worst keepers in the Premiership yet nothing is done. I might be harsh in thinking he should have stopped Rose's shot, but he's certainly made a lot of mistakes this season

That game showed more about why Arsenal will win jack shit playing tippy-tappy picture postcard football and why we've beaten them twice already this season.

When the chips are down they have too many players with absolutely no bollocks for a real fight.
They undresetimated spuds just like they did us,and if those two hapless clowns Campbell and Silvestre play at centre back against us I feel we are well capable of getting a result at the Emirates.

Pretty pretty Keep-ball is all well and good against Hull and Burnley-but against the bigger sides who are determined and know how to mix it, Arsenal struggle.
Wenger needs to admit his "ultimate football" team is great to watch but no matter how much he tries to convince everyone- that alone ultimately won't win trophies anymore.

The world game has changed.

IMO Spurs played poorly but converted their 2 chances. Arsenal were their typical trying to walk it in selves. Gomes was the difference unfortunately.

quiet_riot said:
IMO Spurs played poorly but converted their 2 chances. Arsenal were their typical trying to walk it in selves. Gomes was the difference unfortunately.

Spuds defended well though mate-got to give them that much.
For all their posession,Gomes made one save in the first few minutes and then didn't make another save until the last ten minutes.Spuds shut them down and they had no answer until Van Persie started to get free.

And again,for all Arseanl's possesion they always looked vulnerable to the counter at the back.Those two centre halves wouldn't get in Hull's first team,let alone a team with title winning pretensions.
Silvestre was still in the dressing room for Bale's goal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.