Come on City fans - sort the atmosphere out

Bluebee2 said:
M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
I don't know what you're talking about. Fact of the matter is that many people seem more bothered singing about David Moyes than anyone else. Some people tried to get some new tortured song about Moyes taking United down last night, and Ilooked around and some people were actually rolling their eyes. Yet when Blue Moon/City from Maine Road/We're Not Really Here gets going the entire stand joins in. Funny that.

Football fans singing songs about their rivals. I mean, I could've sworn the Blackburn fans were singing songs about Burnley last night.
I didn't realise it was such a taboo subject. If you've been attending games for the past few decades you'd know that City fans have been singing songs about United since God was a boy and vice versa yet we get snobs like you saying we shouldn't be doing such a thing even though history shows that's exactly what City fans have been doing for years.

And by the way, that new Moyes song is funny as fuck and was pretty much the loudest song of the night. If you don't like it, then start something off yourself.

How does it go mate, I didn't hear it last night though !

Here ya go mate - more politically correct than the paedo one ;)

Well done David Moyes,
Fucked up Fergie's boys,
Going down, down, down,
Going down, down, down....

I agree. How can you not be up for a replay against Blackburn that finished at 10pm? Wonderful spectacle.

M18CTID said:

Well done David Moyes,
Fucked up Fergie's boys,
Going down, down, down,
Heard the last line, over on the other side of the stand, but the few around me who started to sing, did so with the paedo version. Suppose they just recognised the tune.

M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:
Football fans singing songs about their rivals. I mean, I could've sworn the Blackburn fans were singing songs about Burnley last night.
I didn't realise it was such a taboo subject. If you've been attending games for the past few decades you'd know that City fans have been singing songs about United since God was a boy and vice versa yet we get snobs like you saying we shouldn't be doing such a thing even though history shows that's exactly what City fans have been doing for years.

And by the way, that new Moyes song is funny as fuck and was pretty much the loudest song of the night. If you don't like it, then start something off yourself.

Don't be so patronising and don't put words in my mouth. I understand that you sing the odd song about your rivals. It's just that the balance is just currently way out and there comes a point when you just can't be bothered singing about David Moyes for the eigth time that night. What's snobbish about that?

And I do start the odd song, just City ones.

I guess that makes you a bigger blue than me then.

As for being patronising, behave. It's not me that's telling people what they can and can't sing.

When did I say what people can and can't sing? I just said that one of the reasons why the atmosphere won't pick up is because the rest of the stadium isn't going to join in singing about David Moyes being a paedophile after about twenty lads in 111 try and get it going for the fifth time that evening. But when the singing section gets Blue Moon going it tends to get around the entire stadium. I'm part of that singing section and believe that we have most of the responsibility for generating an atmosphere.

You sing whatever you like mate - but it's true that there's a handful of lads around 111 trying to torture another variation of a song about Moyes or United out of anything and have a good giggle among themselves while the rest of the stand just can't be bothered with it. You're right that rivalry holds its place in football and chanting, and I'd certainly agree that a good dig can be really entertaining, it's just that when the balance gets tipped so that over 50% of songs are about United then a lot of people are just not going to bother. They'll just watch the football instead. Have a look around if you don't believe me: the atmosphere has never been quite this obsessed with United in all my time going.

gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:
gazmedina said:
Don't be so patronising and don't put words in my mouth. I understand that you sing the odd song about your rivals. It's just that the balance is just currently way out and there comes a point when you just can't be bothered singing about David Moyes for the eigth time that night. What's snobbish about that?

I guess that makes you a bigger blue than me then.

As for being patronising, behave. It's not me that's telling people what they can and can't sing.

When did I say what people can and can't sing? I just said that one of the reasons why the atmosphere won't pick up is because the rest of the stadium isn't going to join in singing about David Moyes being a paedophile after about twenty lads in 111 try and get it going for the fifth time that evening. But when the singing section gets Blue Moon going it tends to get around the entire stadium. I'm part of that singing section and believe that we have most of the responsibility for generating an atmosphere.

You sing whatever you like mate - but it's true that there's a handful of lads around 111 trying to torture another variation of a song about Moyes or United out of anything and have a good giggle among themselves while the rest of the stand just can't be bothered with it. You're right that rivalry holds its place in football and chanting, and I'd certainly agree that a good dig can be really entertaining, it's just that when the balance gets tipped so that over 50% of songs are about United then a lot of people are just not going to bother. They'll just watch the football instead. Have a look around if you don't believe me: the atmosphere has never been quite this obsessed with United in all my time going.

Firstly - how have you arrived at the stat that over 50% of songs in 111 are about United? I'd wager that it's less than that.

Secondly - even if it is over 50% does that mean if we get it down to 49% then that's acceptable?

Thirdly - "You're right that rivalry holds its place in football and chanting, and I'd certainly agree that a good dig can be really entertaining". So it's ok to sing songs about United after all? But only when it suits you it seems.

I thought the atmosphere was shocking last night and talksport had Blackburn fans ringing in to comment on how poor our fans are. Its almost as embarrassing as the hoardes of sad cases that get up and leave with 10-15minutes left to play.
I started supporting city because my uncle started taking me to maine rd in the kippax in about 91(aged12) at the time I was undecided on who to support being from a half blue half red family. I paid old trafford a visit too back then and all I can honestly say is that the atmosphere in the kippax is what made me choose blue over red it was something I wanted to be a part of. We need to get that back.

Blue Si O.B said:
I thought the atmosphere was shocking last night and talksport had Blackburn fans ringing in to comment on how poor our fans are. Its almost as embarrassing as the hoardes of sad cases that get up and leave with 10-15minutes left to play.

Whats embarrassing is someone taking the time to call a radio station to complain about oppositions supporters not singing enough.

Is there a club that sings for the full 90mins non stop?
Im in south stand block 218 level 2 and thought it was ok, few songs going.

Specially for an fa cup replay against blackburn on a wet cold rainy wed night.

PS i heard that blackburn fan on radio on way home, he talked absolute bollocks. He was bitter he got stuffed 5-0.

citytillidie24 said:
gazmedina said:
M18CTID said:

I'm with you on this one, I hate singing about those twats, feels like a waste of breath.

I enjoy it when we sing "Who the fuck are Man United" I like irony.

M18CTID said:
Bluebee2 said:
M18CTID said:

How does it go mate, I didn't hear it last night though !

Well done David Moyes,
Fucked up Fergie's boys,
Going down, down, down,

Cheers mate, I like it. I will add I also like the paedo version, anything putting them f*ckers down is fine in my songbook.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.