Comedy Genius.

A lot of people equate comedy genius with clever story telling (Billy Connolly, Kevin Bridges, etc.), but real comic genius comes from somewhere else.

People like Douglas Adams, Mell Brooks, P. G. Woodhouse, and Bob Monkhouse were the real genius of comedy.

Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, Harry Langdon, Steve Martin, Morecambe and Wise, Rowan Atkinson, Rik Mayall, John Cleese. Billy Conolly.

Lee Mack on wilty and live. Kevin Bridges when he is at his best.

Kevin Bridges when he is at his best.

Agreed. I've watched the ‘bus stop’ sketch I don't know how many times. The thing is, you believe that it really happened to him. Especially in Glasgow. Albeit probably embellished.
Can't go along with all your other choices, I'm afraid. But humour's very personal.

Agreed. I've watched the ‘bus stop’ sketch I don't know how many times. The thing is, you believe that it really happened to him. Especially in Glasgow. Albeit probably embellished.
Can't go along with all your other choices, I'm afraid. But humour's very personal.
Yeah, it is. Just out of interest, who do you find unfunny on my list?

Yeah, it is. Just out of interest, who do you find unfunny on my list?

Keaton's a strange one. I find him interesting, I like watching his films. I just don't find him very funny. But in fact, I'm not even sure that he wants you to laugh at all costs.
Pretty much everyone else makes me laugh, with one standout exception. (I don't really know Rik Mayall's stuff nor, from another era, Harry Langdon).
Rowan Atkinson is the exception. I just don't get why he's so big. He seems to me to be trying so hard. The thing he did for the London Olympics, for example, just embarrassed me. I found him quite amusing in some of the early stuff, i.e. Not The Nine O'Clock News.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.