Comedy Genius.

I was a big fan of Dave Allen, loved how he wasn't afraid to poke fun at his catholic faith.
There's a documentary on BBCi Player about him. His daughter said he put death threats from both sides on his office wall.

I pinched a BASF C90 out of the Amstrad of Derek and Clive and would listen to it at night with my headphones on at bedtime most nights. One where his school master took him for a "Dickie Back Ride" all round the study and the "You should fucking label things skit. I'd have been around 13 yrs old at the time. Any idea what the exact album was called with those two on it? I'd love to listen to it again to see how it's aged or if it was just the rudeness that i found so amusing.

Was it this?

Not everyone’s cuppa, but I’ve yet to find something Ricky Gervais has done that I haven’t liked.

Monty Python sketches were of their time, but their films gave stood the rest of time...Life of Brian being one of my favorites ever. Cleese was brilliant, if broad, in Fawlty Towers. Amazing to think there were barely a handful of episodes.

Rowan Atkinson should have been knighted already. He is a British treasure, and his free speech campaign is absolutely necessary.
Gervais is probably the closest we have to Peter Cook. Python, the older I get the more educational I realize their work is. Album, TV, and Films I've learned something from as well as enjoy the humour.

The fella that plays Mrs Brown off of Mrs Brown's Boys
Miranda
Amy Schumer
Michael McIntyre
Chuck Lorre (Creator and Lead Writer of The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men)
Judd Apatow (Only his standup)

Only the best for me.
Glad you mentioned Lorre. I inadvertently failed to give him credit as the co creator of BB in my post. I majored on Bill Prady as he had more to do with directing.
PS Lorre and Prady were the classic Jewish creative pair. See Lieber and Stoller and may others.

A lot of people equate comedy genius with clever story telling (Billy Connolly, Kevin Bridges, etc.), but real comic genius comes from somewhere else.

People like Douglas Adams, Mell Brooks, P. G. Woodhouse, and Bob Monkhouse were the real genius of comedy.
A great line by Bob Monkhouse at his final live show -
"When I said I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed. Well, they're not laughing now".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.