Commanding Centre Half

BLUEMATT23 said:
Anyone else a little concerned that BM has not made a bid for a commanding centre back yet or that this wasn't seen as a priority before the three signings we have already secured?.
The potential of the squad is off the chart but their were a few problems last season with Toure & Lescott & the other pairings we were shoe horned into because of injuries.
Toure & Lescott have individual flaws & personally I don't think that partnership works or will ever work, I like Boyatta & Nedum is good when he's fit & Richards can cover if needed.
But none of the c/b's we have are commanding enough & I fear this could be our downfall.
Anyone agree?

Are you thinking of someone like Subotic?-I think you have a point-there were one or two games where City did look a little suspect in the air.Im thinking of the Everton away game against Cahill and Fellaini and the Sunderland away game against Kenwynne Jones.Since then City have bought boateng who is 6 foot 3 I believe and his natural position is centre half.Not seen enough of him in that position to judge but maybe he has been bought to solve that problem.

Vinnie and Lescott are a good partnership, our best option and the one which I'm totally happy with, and if Lescott can stay fit for a good stretch their understanding will grow and I reckon there won't be many better pairings around the league. Add in Boateng and Kolarov (please! Not Bridge!) and that's a fine back line. Height or strength won't be a problem for us anymore, esp with Yaya or Nige sat in front of them.

(go easy, first post and all that!)

Commanding Centre Back, world class and a leader of men, plays for Inter Milan and a WOW signing - Lucio.

Trying to post in one thread but covering many thoughts. I know he is ageing but he isn't half good.

With the addition of Boateng; I see that we are well covered in Central Defense.

Kompany & Lescott seems to be the best pairing. And we still have Toure, Boateng, Boyata, Onouha & Richards as back-up when needed.

Outlaw said:
With the addition of Boateng; I see that we are well covered in Central Defense.

Kompany & Lescott seems to be the best pairing. And we still have Toure, Boateng, Boyata, Onouha & Richards as back-up when needed.

Yes they are good enough if our target is 3rd, 4th or 5th imo...

BLUEMATT23 said:
Anyone else a little concerned that BM has not made a bid for a commanding centre back yet

Since when does Bluemoon control player acquisitions? Daniel Van Buyten would be captain and honorary life president by now....

been saying it since last summer, but you dont turn into a team capable of challenging at the very top until you get in a world class centre half.

the centre halfs in our squad fall way short of that bracket.

Matt.D said:
been saying it since last summer, but you dont turn into a team capable of challenging at the very top until you get in a world class centre half.

Spot on. Its ok buying all these fantastic midfielders and forwards but our back line does not have the same quality. I'm not sure I understand our buying strategy.

Matt.D said:

Chelsea won the league last year with only Carvalho I would consider world class and he was injured for a large part of it. Terry was shocking last season, Ferreira is no better than any of ours, who else have they got? I seriously think with a left back addition (Kolarov?) we have a strong first choice back 4 (as strong as anyone else in the league)

Boeteng-----Kompany----Lescott------Kolarov

Centre back partnerships are way more important than individual abilities and I think we have a chance of having a great one in Vinnie and Lescott. Most United fans would love Vinnie at the Swamp and I know why, he's an excellent player.

we have Kolo, Lescott, Kompany, Boateng, Richards, Onuoha and Boyata who can all play in that position and theres others like Yaya, DeJong, Vieira etc. who can all cover that position if needed, we dont need any new cb's we probably have the best selection in the league imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.