Commentary | Aston Villa away (pg 14)

I've spent most of this season listening to Andy Townsend via a DAZN stream. Without fail and for absolutely any opposition that we face, he calls out 'Unlucky' if they fail to make the most of any sniff of a chance they may get.

He's absolutely desperate for us to lose or at least concede. If we score he pulls up opposition defending. If the opposition fail to score it was just 'Unlucky'. He must have said it 5 times today for Arsenal yet when Cancelo missed an open net or Sterling fluffed his lines from KDB's pass no mention of unlucky.

I've spent most of this season listening to Andy Townsend via a DAZN stream. Without fail and for absolutely any opposition that we face, he calls out 'Unlucky' if they fail to make the most of any sniff of a chance they may get.

He's absolutely desperate for us to lose or at least concede. If we score he pulls up opposition defending. If the opposition fail to score it was just 'Unlucky'. He must have said it 5 times today for Arsenal yet when Cancelo missed an open net or Sterling fluffed his lines from KDB's pass no mention of unlucky.

I watched the same stream today with Townsend on co commentary. At one point Arsenal counter attacked us and were in a promising position, when they inexplicably lost the ball. You could hear Townsend tutting and letting out a deep sigh. The frustration was obviously getting to him.

Either Tyler is getting old, or having to report on City's endless success through gritted teeth has driven him round the bend.

But his commentary yesterday was a horrible mixture of endless inane ramblings, barbed with a regular sprinkling of unkind snipes at City.

Every free kick we conceded meant "he'll consider himself lucky to get away with that one" ... while apparently "there is a feeling that Sterling gets away with things because of his name and playing for England" ... when Neville said Cancelo had sportingly gone back to check Holding was okay, Tyler quickly had to add "...or perhaps it's because he's already on a yellow". Never mind all his excuses about Arsenal being tired, which started after 5 minutes and ignored that half their team was different.
And the obvious excitement in his voice on the few occasions Arsenal threatened.

Unkind, ungenerous, snide, bitter, biased, pathetic.

If Drury and McCoist are the gold standard, then Andy Hinchcliffe is the complete opposite, so so negative.

Last edited:
Hinchcliffe is a bellend, he almost got a semi thinking of Stones getting sent off, but then failed to mention the Villa player who launched a 2 footed challenge to take Phil out.

Genuine question as I remember as a young lad and the kids winning the youth cup and them coming though, Hinchcliffe scoring that header that no one will ever forget.
Why does he seriously dislike us so much?

Genuine question as I remember as a young lad and the kids winning the youth cup and them coming though, Hinchcliffe scoring that header that no one will ever forget.
Why does he seriously dislike us so much?
What did he say tonight to give you that impression?

I didn’t notice anything untoward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.