Commentary | Aston Villa away (pg 14)

If Drury and McCoist are the gold standard, then Andy Hinchcliffe is the complete opposite.

Him and Mcmanaman fighting it out at the bottom.
I'm going to be controversial here and say McPointy is not that bad. Not great, but I don't think he's much worse than the other BT commentators or Neville when's he stroppy. I'd say he's a lot better than Keown.

Hinchcliffe is the one though that makes me resent the fact that I have functioning ears.

Hinchy’s a blue, always will be. The fact that he offers his opinions about a game of footy that might disagree with mine on occasion doesn’t change that.

And he could repeatedly rubbish us for the rest of his life and it wouldn’t diminish one bit the memory of one of the greatest moments ever for me as a blue provided courtesy of him at the far post.

Genuine question as I remember as a young lad and the kids winning the youth cup and them coming though, Hinchcliffe scoring that header that no one will ever forget.
Why does he seriously dislike us so much?
Been pondering this and have four possible theories:
* Something went down when he got transferred and he's never forgotten/forgiven it;
* After coming up (and presumably being good mates) with Paul Lake he still resents the way his injury was handled;
* He's going out of his way to avoid being accused of bias towards a former club;
* His producers are telling him to do it to pander to anti-City sentiment.

Does seem to be that ex-players from the pre-takeover era are more likely to be critical than those after. Obviously the latter typically experienced a lot more success/good times.

Biased or not, he's an absolutely shocking commentator who adopts a bizarre stream of consciousness approach with weird inflexions at the end of each sentence as though everything surprises him. Is that how he talks in real life? He seems to think every single thing that happens warrants his minute analysis. The best commentators are the ones that use the silence and contribute only when they can offer something that the viewer may be unaware of. He is the precise opposite and should not be commentating again until a cure is found for verbal diarrhoea.

If you listen to rags and victims, they hate Neville and Carraghers commentary and punditry, accusing them of bitterness, disliking the club etc. I think all supporters expect too much of former players in the media, they can’t be as supportive as they might like. If you take a dickhead like Aldridge, who is just a scouse apologist, what is he on? not SKY, not the BBC, not BT, he just rants away in the Echo and a Dublin paper cannot get a gig.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.