Commentary | Aston Villa away (pg 14)

I agree with you all. It was refreshing to hear a city game commentated on in enthusiastic tones. Let’s face it, over the last ten years city have played some of the best, if not the best, club football ever seen on these shores. On the other channels you can hear the pain in their voices when we score instead of applauding the fantastic quality of the football they are witnessing. Eddie Howe is a well spoken, incisive pundit who I’m sure will do well in the game once he finds the right club. Michael Owen was bright and positive, much better than the mundane mumbler he’s been in the past. Dixon’s always been good, explaining the defensive side well, and Drury and Mcoist were positive and effusive about the quality of the football they were watching. All in all a great performance from Amazon, it was nice to actually get some recognition for the quality of our football instead of the usual disappointed tones of most of the commentators and panel

Drury is one of the best commentators out there. Now, you could say that the bar is set very low. But even so, it's always enjoyable to listen to him commentating, whoever is playing. I'm not looking for commentators to blow smoke up our arses; all I ask is for an unbiased commentary, with no agenda being peddled. Is that so much to ask?

Have to be honest I thought it was mcfc TV at the start I have not heard so many nice things about our club said say that often during the game, I thought it would jinx us and make us lose.

I guess that Amazon have clicked on to the fact that this will be watched mainly by City /Everton fans rather than the walkiñg dead, they they needn't play to the zombie crowds. Refreshing.

What was also refreshing was that they analysed the game properly. They understood City's formation and were quick to notice changes in tactics as the game progressed. No stupid rambling comments, no snide jibes, no fixation on the cost of our players.
The only issue I had was they kept saying Everton did well. To be honest I thought Everton were dire. To have a player as bad as Tom Davies on the field is like playing with ten men and you could say the same about Docoure. The Amazon coverage was much better than Sky.
I thought Everton played well enough against a far better team, here's hoping they do their neighbours over at the weekend. The commentary was much better than the other providers offer and they actually seemed enthusiastic about both teams with no sign of bias towards either. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed listening to commentary on any game as much as I did last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.