Community Shield 2019 - date confirmed as Sunday 4th August, 3pm ko

He will be back on in a minute telling you off for saying shut it.

Worsley, don`t you realise that my new friend karen7 "likes" me ? Please don`t come between us :-)

Sorry, and to malg, for being serious - it happens to me.

Meanwhile, we can all rejoice in that fine honorable man, friend of Utd, UEFA, FIFA and the FA, being awarded a CBE for services to the aforementioned and himself.

Back to the thread - City can not play themselves having won both the Premier League and FA Cup, so the money laundering shirt wearers are invited along to our party. Lets lift the shield again on Sunday 4 August.

Incidentally, there will be a lot more Blues at Wembley than were at Villa Park in 1972 when Franny`s penalty won the Charity Shield for City against Villa !

In terms of extra trains for this, there will be an additional 09.48 (or thereabouts) Manchester - Euston calling at Stockport, Wilmlsow and Crewe. There will be nothing additional back to Manchester post match as the normal 20 minute frequency service operates.

Obviously, VT also have to provide additional trains to / from Liverpool as the normal service is only hourly.

To summarise, before the game there will be trains from Piccadilly to Euston at 08.05, 08.20, 09.20, 09.48, 10.21, 10.37, 10.52, 11.16 , 11.36 and 11.56.
After the game there will be trains from Euston to Piccadilly at 18.17, 18.37, 18.57, 19.17, 19.37, 19.57, 20.15, 20.35, 20.50, 21.25 and 21.51.

Community shield is important, not for the trophy , but to play a competitive game before the season. This helps players involved in those first few games to approach full match fitness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.