Community Shield 2019 - date confirmed as Sunday 4th August, 3pm ko

This will be a huge game, potentially stopping them from matching our treble. Champs league, Super Cup and Charity Shield.

This will be a huge game, potentially stopping them from matching our treble. Champs league, Super Cup and Charity Shield.

I’m not sure the Super Cup and Shield are comparable to the FA Cup and League Cup.

If they are then we officially won the quadruple last season.

I struggle to summon up any kind of enthusiasm for the community shield; I'd rather we weren't in it. The biggest thing about it is the hype as the TV companies desperately try to convince everyone it means something so they have a big enough audience. I don't have sky so I can't imagine I'll make the effort to watch it. Don't think I've seen more than one or two ever.
I know the club and the players will take it seriously, it's their last warm-up match and need to make use of the chance to make sure rehearsals for the season worked. It's a friendly with enough 'edge' to make sure attitudes and workrate are where they should be - difficult to do with other friendlies so I can see a point to it. Sometimes there's even a good game, but I'll take the risk I'll miss out.
I get that plenty of people see the CS as something, and many more are just happy to see City play, but I'm sure that most will be more bothered that we could lose and are just being dragged along by that - the desperation not to lose (especially to them). If it was Watford it'd be a whole different story!
Whatever - if you enjoy the CS then I hope it's a good game, and, of course, I'll always want City to win.

Sounds like you swallowed the shite in the media.

Champs League - LFC are a cup team, especially this cup
Super Cup - It's a given if you win the CL
Charity shield - LFC fans have been banging on about how this trophy doesnt matter (When it counts towards City's four trophies anyway)

I seen this thing in the media of them bigging up that achievment, its not an achievcement! It's nowhere near the struggle of winning the premier, let alone the FA/Carabao in addition.

"Alternative history" writing is in operation and people are falling for it.

It wont be long before City's achievements are labeled as relatively easy in comparison to anything LFC do.

Sounds like you swallowed the shite in the media.

Champs League - LFC are a cup team, especially this cup
Super Cup - It's a given if you win the CL
Charity shield - LFC fans have been banging on about how this trophy doesnt matter (When it counts towards City's four trophies anyway)

I seen this thing in the media of them bigging up that achievment, its not an achievcement! It's nowhere near the struggle of winning the premier, let alone the FA/Carabao in addition.

"Alternative history" writing is in operation and people are falling for it.

It wont be long before City's achievements are labeled as relatively easy in comparison to anything LFC do.

Perhaps I should have insinuated some slight sarcasm in my post....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.