Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Why should we refuse to play it?
We are still Champions of England (& the World if I remember correctly) so let’s show off. Show ‘em all.
Boycotting or refusing would just start the season off on a bad note and set the media dogs on us again. (Not that they ever stop but let’s not feed them).

JMHO

The Community Shield
Wembley Stadium (Yet again)
How are you getting to the Final ?
Hotels (Expensive as per)
Trains (extortionate if they are running or on time)
its a bloody joke The FA are milking it yet again
Lets hope city turn up this time......

18/19 season when we last won both this and the league! Let’s have a clean sweep again but add the CL ,and the new format world club cup! That should boil piss on a yet more unprecedented scale.

How many times have we played at the new Wembley excluding the spuds games?

I won't rest or be at ease with myself until we murder them horrible Rag shithouse bastards in August. I hope Pep plays an half decent side.

How many times have we played at the new Wembley excluding the spuds games?
Think last week's game there was the 28th time since 2011.
That includes Fa cup semi finals and finals, Carabao Cup finals and Community Shield.

Many older fans believe the final should be held at the home of the champions as that's how it used to be. However it has now been held at Wembley (or other neutral venues) on more occasions than at the champion's ground.
Arsenal didn't play when they won the double in 1971 and in 1972 and 1973 City played in the game even though we didn't win anything. The FA moved the game to Wembley to generate more interest at a time when Wembley visits were rare in the hope that the champions and cup winners would agree to take part.
The decision to play FA Cup semis at Wembley has reduced the rarity value considerably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.