Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
....but would
I will show as much interest in it, as I have in 5 of the last 6 years - zero.
you show any interest In the CL at the Etihad or a CITY pre season carnival involving the academy teams then the first team squad ?

Seems like it needs a revamp Always going to be at Wembley but ultimately it will be contested between 2 of the top six so maybe time for the FA to select clubs, make it invitational even include foreign clubs?
Champions of England v Champions of Europe home and away ?

Taken from the FA website but actually how much is distributed I can't find easily....

"The FA Community Shield raises hundreds of thousands of pounds every year, distributed to community-based initiatives and charities up and down the country"

Knowing the FA it will only be a small percentage because they'll fill their own coffers first.

Could you imagine the negative headlines about City not helping charities if we withdrew (although we won't and we shouldn't)

Taken from the FA website but actually how much is distributed I can't find easily....

"The FA Community Shield raises hundreds of thousands of pounds every year, distributed to community-based initiatives and charities up and down the country"

Knowing the FA it will only be a small percentage because they'll fill their own coffers first.

Could you imagine the negative headlines about City not helping charities if we withdrew (although we won't and we shouldn't)
.....But if we made our donation independently ?

I wonder what stupid time they will have us playing this time. And no doubt we will have people moaning about not being able to get tickets, how we won’t sell out etc. it’s a bloody expensive day out for what is a glorified friendly watching a scratch side who are using it to get ready for a new season. Last couple of years dippers and arse fans got all giddy about beating us, meant fuck all. Whilst it’s great to win regardless of the opposition it’s bottom of the list when it comes to what I want to win. PL, FA Cup, CL and Carabao all before it.

....but would

you show any interest In the CL at the Etihad or a CITY pre season carnival involving the academy teams then the first team squad ?
Not that what I choose to do is any of your business, but I've missed 3 CL home games since we've been in it, 1 because of a pre booked holiday, 2 due to work. I take plenty of interest in the academy, for the games that mean something, I can't attend as I live 170 miles away.

I just don't have any interest in lining the FA's pocket for a pointless friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.