Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Enough, I got two for me and my mate when we played at Leicester a couple of years back.
Although I had been to see City at Filbert Street (1976), had never been to Leicester City's new ground,so I thought I would go to the Charity Shield.
And as you say,it was very easy to get a ticket for that particular fixture .

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_165206.jpg
    IMG_20220730_165206.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 29
Although I had been to see City at Filbert Street (1976), had never been to Leicester City's new ground,so I thought I would go to the Charity Shield.
And as you say,it was very easy to get a ticket for that particular fixture .
In the late 80s and early 90s I hardly missed a game home or away but somehow never got to Filbert Street. I remember pictures of their inflatable tent that protected the pitch in Shoot magazine.

Should be moved to Villa Park, equal distance between us and the rag fans in London.

It’s a light hearted post but when we have the annual discussion about people wanting the Charity Shield moved away from Wembley, they’re overlooking one pretty crucial thing.

The vast majority of clubs have no interest in hosting it. I’m well aware that Villa staged the Chelsea game a few years back. But last time they couldn’t play it at Wembley, the FA asked every Premier League club if they’d be interested in hosting it and apart from Leicester, only two others showed any interest. And from memory, I think one of those was Southampton, which would have been fun.

not a fan of charity shield,but this one makes sense for us to win ......Do you listen Pep?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.