Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salford City head coach Karl Robinson has questioned the timing of the Community Shield.

The traditional curtain-raiser to the start of the Premier League season next week, sees Manchester City and Manchester United meet at Wembley in a 15:00 BST kick-off.

That is the same time as 11 fixtures on the opening day of the new League Two season, including Salford's home game with Port Vale.

"Who decided to put the Community Shield on at three o'clock on a Saturday when the EFL is kicking off?", Robinson asked on BBC Radio Manchester.

"The EFL starts. It's the bread and butter of our game. It is the oldest football organisation of leagues going and we decide when we need all the money in the world to kick off the Community Shield at three o'clock.

"That baffles me."
When would he rather fans from Manchester travel down to London? For a 17:30 on a Saturday? And get back at gone midnight? Get fucked you gobshite.

When would he rather fans from Manchester travel down to London? For a 17:30 on a Saturday? And get back at gone midnight? Get fucked you gobshite.
The point he has is that matches at 3pm on a Saturday are supposed to be illegal to be televised.

Guess it must be allowed as it’s a non-compeptetive match?

After debating Amersham vs Rickmansworth, i'm going to go for parking at Gerrards Cross and get the train in, which pulls into the ground on the west side. Looks cheap to park, and the train should be a tad quieter than the tube.

Looking forward to a day in the sun and seeing City at Wembley for the first time :)

Being ready for the start of the league and battering them in that would be my preference. The charity shield is a useful game to build up to that, get everyone fit and ready, but not burnt out in what is a non event.

It's not a non-event when it's them, with their billions of cockney supporters. Always want to smash them. It could be a testimonial, wouldn't change it for me. Always.

Salford City head coach Karl Robinson has questioned the timing of the Community Shield.

The traditional curtain-raiser to the start of the Premier League season next week, sees Manchester City and Manchester United meet at Wembley in a 15:00 BST kick-off.

That is the same time as 11 fixtures on the opening day of the new League Two season, including Salford's home game with Port Vale.

"Who decided to put the Community Shield on at three o'clock on a Saturday when the EFL is kicking off?", Robinson asked on BBC Radio Manchester.

"The EFL starts. It's the bread and butter of our game. It is the oldest football organisation of leagues going and we decide when we need all the money in the world to kick off the Community Shield at three o'clock.

"That baffles me."
Sorry I stopped reading at Salford City

Pep has said they will be going for a win and it's a good opportunity for the youngsters to play on a big occasion. So a loss then, grrrr.
I expect to see a mixture of youth and experienced players start the game with changes around the 60/70 mins for those returned to training this past week.

'Game is important'published at 13:34
13:34​

Man City v Man Utd (Sat, 15:00 BST)

74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg.webp
Manchester City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola was asked about the importance of winning, he said:
"It is important, it is final against United a part of that is trying to refine ourselves. It is step by step.

"[Important to see] how young players behave on the biggest stage. We will go for it."

I have absolutely no idea how strong Pep will go tomorrow. My best guess:

Ederson;
Lewis, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol
Kovacic, Perrone, McAtee
Bobb, Haaland, Grealish​

After debating Amersham vs Rickmansworth, i'm going to go for parking at Gerrards Cross and get the train in, which pulls into the ground on the west side. Looks cheap to park, and the train should be a tad quieter than the tube.

Looking forward to a day in the sun and seeing City at Wembley for the first time :)
As a local to the area, I'd be inclined to use Beaconsfield Station or even High Wycombe - both have larger car parks at the station. However, if you don't mind a short walk then go past the entrance to Gerrards Cross station and within 500 yards is a left turn with free parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.