Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been at Wembley (or Cardiff for a while) since basically the dawn of time outside of a few unique cases.

We arent going to big-league it and withdraw. Every other team played at the designated venue, we arent special.
If both teams supporters boycotted the charity shield enmass then either it would cease to exist or they would in future have to hold it in a neutral venue.

If both teams supporters boycotted the charity shield enmass then either it would cease to exist or they would in future have to hold it in a neutral venue.

The unfortunate problem there is that those tickets will be snapped up by tourists who will flock to a Manchester Derby at Wembley.

Thus ensuring the same issue remains.

So; as expected, Rodri and our England trio won't be playing tomorrow. That will considerably weaken us. Now, the Community (not charity) shield will be bottom of Pep's list of priorities. And rightly so. But I really don't like losing to that lot. Which is definitely a possibility, given the absentees.

"Sorry guys I don't care if you're only just back to training. You're all playing cos some bloke on the tinternet doesn't want to get beat by the rags in a preseason friendly".
How do you spell that noise you get on Family Fortunes when someone gets the wrong answer? Try this "Ihh uhh"

So; as expected, Rodri and our England trio won't be playing tomorrow. That will considerably weaken us. Now, the Community (not charity) shield will be bottom of Pep's list of priorities. And rightly so. But I really don't like losing to that lot. Which is definitely a possibility, given the absentees.
Well we managed it with them last time!

Rest is key though. Hopefully serve us well over the season, particularly for Rodri.

It's a better excuse this time though. Much better than 'our players had been on the piss celebrating 4-in-a-row'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.