Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had forgotten about this ! No doubt the rags will win and be back again for five minutes , stay safe everyone and away from any thugs that turn up

Salford City head coach Karl Robinson has questioned the timing of the Community Shield.

The traditional curtain-raiser to the start of the Premier League season next week, sees Manchester City and Manchester United meet at Wembley in a 15:00 BST kick-off.

That is the same time as 11 fixtures on the opening day of the new League Two season, including Salford's home game with Port Vale.

"Who decided to put the Community Shield on at three o'clock on a Saturday when the EFL is kicking off?", Robinson asked on BBC Radio Manchester.

"The EFL starts. It's the bread and butter of our game. It is the oldest football organisation of leagues going and we decide when we need all the money in the world to kick off the Community Shield at three o'clock.

"That baffles me."
All the Championship matches kick off at 12.30
All League One matches kick off at 5.30
Of course League 2 matches and the Scottish Premiership are affected as well.

After debating Amersham vs Rickmansworth, i'm going to go for parking at Gerrards Cross and get the train in, which pulls into the ground on the west side. Looks cheap to park, and the train should be a tad quieter than the tube.

Looking forward to a day in the sun and seeing City at Wembley for the first time :)
Was thinking of Amersham as we pay ULEZ on my old diesel. Used Wealdstone last twice to Wembley, are they not hosting City this time? Not sure about parking in Ruislip if Wealdstone not in play. I've gone dizzy looking at different train lines and underground options, combined with or without the ULEZ charge, but it all seems as long as it is wide really. Amersham looks as simple as anywhere else. Bugbear is the wife has a dodgy knee recently so a long walk is probably out.

Was thinking of Amersham as we pay ULEZ on my old diesel. Used Wealdstone last twice to Wembley, are they not hosting City this time? Not sure about parking in Ruislip if Wealdstone not in play. I've gone dizzy looking at different train lines and underground options, combined with or without the ULEZ charge, but it all seems as long as it is wide really. Amersham looks as simple as anywhere else. Bugbear is the wife has a dodgy knee recently so a long walk is probably out.
Leave the car radio on and tell her you'll not be long !!

Here to help.

When would he rather fans from Manchester travel down to London? For a 17:30 on a Saturday? And get back at gone midnight? Get fucked you gobshite.
Remember that he is a fat Scouser who assumes that Salford's crowd will be affected by this ?
Perhaps Neville the Rat has put him up to this ?
Salford seldom get over 2,000 anyway and doubt if their "diehard" fans are arsed about the friendly that is the Commons Shield ?

Dear Pep.
Could you please suspend your usual attitude towards friendlies and the charity shield tomorrow ? Nobody needs mins or a chance to play .Kalvin can have the afternoon, off the only thing that matters is that we beat the scum and we beat them well, that's all we ask tmrw that's it, it's that simple .
Regards
"Sorry guys I don't care if you're only just back to training. You're all playing cos some bloke on the tinternet doesn't want to get beat by the rags in a preseason friendly".

When would he rather fans from Manchester travel down to London? For a 17:30 on a Saturday? And get back at gone midnight? Get fucked you gobshite.
Or Salford and Port Vale could kick off at 12.30 then watch the Charity Shield in the pub afterwards

Yeah the normal city email eddy had been the initial cobtavt, but surprisingly it was the access team access@mancity.com that wrote this morning telling me to go to the ticket iffice. I wrote back with your info, and by teatime yes I got print at homes sent! So all fine. But it was with a polite warning that they really are being totally phased out, so this time nexy year not sure. But at least sorted now. shouldn't be this hard though!
Glad you got there in the end.
I am 55 years old so don't take for granted we will be back at Wembley next year. But will cross that bridge when it comes. CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.