Community Shield - 2024/25 | 10 Aug Sat 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope Pep and co have taken this a bit more seriously than the FA Cup final, for the sake of the fans that have made the effort (and paid the expense) to get down for the match.

I personally don’t care if we lose this (it’s usually a good omen when we do), I only really care that we put in a good performance worthy of the spectacle and fan sacrifice to attend, which has become more substantial in recent years.

That said, I hope we hammer the bastards, with our kids scoring all of the goals.
I agree. I am still pretty hacked off about the non turn up, hangover laden FA Cup final.

Take it seriously for once. My calculations may be slightly out, but we've been to 9 Charity Shields since 2011 and won only 3 - 2012, 2018 and pk shoot out v Dips 2019. Its NOT GOOD ENOUGH. And not fair on folks who have paid good dosh and taken the time to travel to that expensive white elephant of an FA vanity piece ground.

No problem for RAgs all live London postcodes anyway.

I want a decent performance today!!

Of course, hence why I only care about the performance, as any fan should, which is independent of which players Pep selects to start.

Fans travelling hours, and likely spending hundreds (or more) to see the team play are perfectly within their rights to expect a committed performance—that honours their efforts to support the club—from whichever City team takes to the pitch later.
This. 100%. Unlike the debacle that was the FA Cup final.

Of course, hence why I only care about the performance, as any fan should, which is independent of which players Pep selects to start.

Fans travelling hours, and likely spending hundreds (or more) to see the team play are perfectly within their rights to expect a committed performance—that honours their efforts to support the club—from whichever City team takes to the pitch later.

My view, main players not back yet or match ready. Youngsters and some senior players will play
It's nice to beat the rags but our aim is May not August ;)

I don’t think we did take it as seriously as we should have. If we had, the celebrations after the league win would have been postponed until after the final.

At any rate, I care about the performance, not the result. As long as the players put in a committed shift that honours the fans efforts to support them, I will be happy.
The myth that Pep and the players still don’t care about derbies still lives on I see.

The myth that Pep and the players still don’t care about derbies still lives on I see.
No, I said nothing of the sort, nor have I ever said that.

I said I don’t think we took the FA Cup Final as seriously as we could (and, in my opinion, should) have and I hope for a more committed performance that honours the effort the fans have made to travel and support the team.

I am not interested in the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.