Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that a boycott is only successful if 100%
Not really.
If only 4,000 out of 30,000 tickets are sold I think thats a result.
Do you think the FA will look at that and say "huh what happened to your boycott?" or are they likely to say "what do we have to do to ensure this doesn't happen again?"

Enjoy your day

Last edited:
No one is stopping anyone from going. The supporters club do not even back the boycott, which is both predictable and disappointing
If it was at the Etihad and the gooners had to do the journey would you give a shit no I didnt think you would. Get off your soap box and let us fans enjoy our day out I've no doubt you do Monday or Wednesday away games.

If it was at the Etihad and the gooners had to do the journey would you give a shit no I didnt think you would. Get off your soap box and let us fans enjoy our day out I've no doubt you do Monday or Wednesday away games.
I have no beef with anyone who wants to go - go along and enjoy it. No soap box here.
Midweek games have to be scheduled because of the number of games being played over a season.
But there is no excuse for originally planning this game on a Sunday at 5.30pm and now 4pm. That's the point.

Staggering that the FA have actually moved the KO 90 mins forward due to the prospect of a boycot.
Unheard of actually listening a bit.
That said If they were fully listening the game woukd also be voved to the Saturday or to Villa Park even better still.

Last edited:
We didn't wield any power.

I think we fans had (and still have) an incredible amount of power. The issue we have (in the UK especially) is that we're too tribal to work together in any meaningful way. There's no need to 'divide and conquer' us because we do it ourselves.

We have power. But we do not wield it.

They moved the England game to the swamp so this could be elsewhere, Villa Park for one.
Villa Parks capacity is about 42,000 isn't it? And we'd get (maybe) somewhere between15-20,000 tickets. Even if it's a straight split of 21,000 each, doesn't Wembley actually provide a better option to allow more City fans an opportunity to attend? I'd think there will be at least 25,000 going to the CS...

people on here who were not going but proposing a boycott should not comment. When I was a shop steward at a large engineering company and a mass meeting was called, those members who had their mortgages all paid and no kids, voted for ban on overtime knowing it would not affect them. Same here I think people who spent all their money on the cup final and Istanbul cannot afford another trip so jump on the boycott bandwagon, there are some that could not get tickets for either of the finals who have never been to a match at that stadium would want to go so why stop them the chance of going.
People vote for the situation that best suits them shock and people think their opinions matter shock too. Nothing wrong with having an opinion or expressing it. If you take notice of it it’s your own fault. This is a forum after all. Everybody should learn discernment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.