Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As is obvious from the user name, I don't live in Manchester and never have. Try and get to a couple of games a year and love it. I appreciate the reasons for the boycott but in this instance all I can say is thanks. I have been able to get tickets for me and my 2 daughters to see, and say thank you to, perhaps the greatest side ever assembled in England - certainly the most entertaining. Please don't worry that the enthusiasm or support will be diminished by our attendance.
I think the boycott has probably already been successful in some measure raising the profile of the issue it is highlighting and I really hope future games are scheduled more reasonably.

As is obvious from the user name, I don't live in Manchester and never have. Try and get to a couple of games a year and love it. I appreciate the reasons for the boycott but in this instance all I can say is thanks. I have been able to get tickets for me and my 2 daughters to see, and say thank you to, perhaps the greatest side ever assembled in England - certainly the most entertaining. Please don't worry that the enthusiasm or support will be diminished by our attendance.
I think the boycott has probably already been successful in some measure raising the profile of the issue it is highlighting and I really hope future games are scheduled more reasonably.

We won't. Hope you and your daughters enjoy the day and the game.

People getting very tetchy with one another in this thread, not surprised there’s thousands of posts about blue on blue knocking seven bells out of one another at matches.
The business that is Manchester City and the FA couldn’t give a shit about a boycott as the treble winners, the greatest footballing team that the world has witnessed over the past few years along with some of the biggest record breaking footballers are raising the curtain on another premiership season, and all the new membership holders can now easily get tickets for themselves and their family and friends, to go and watch their new team at Wembley in the school holidays, and I don’t think their bothered what time it kicks off or day of the week it is, which these modern day businesses know and are relying on. Just imagine if they gave these new members 20,000 points as well, as a welcoming gesture for attending this match.
All the regulars need to keep an eye on what’s happening at Newcastle regarding their away ticket allocation, and stop all the bickering get onside with one another because before you know it you’ll only be doing 5 away games a season and every semi-final and final will be a ballot.
Regarding the community shield, do what you want to do go or don’t go, the businesses don’t give a fuk.
I have had my season ticket for 43 years and because I didnt whore my card out / missed a few games in the 200Os/2010s due to work and bringing up kids I cant get tickets for a number of aways now despite having nearly 22k points.

A boycott would never even scratch the surface, its big business nowadays.

While understandable, it's quite disappointing to see so many tickets shifting to Citizens members.

Those fans who go week in, week out are the ones that will be affected more greatly by scheduling. With a big turnout, we're showing the FA/Premier League/UEFA etc that it's fine to fuck fans around - we'll fill seats no matter what.

We (collectively) have to accept our support will continue to be an afterthought because there is no solidarity amongst City fans (and fans in England generally).

I have had my season ticket for 43 years and because I didnt whore my card out / missed a few games in the 200Os/2010s due to work and bringing up kids I cant get tickets for a number of aways now despite having nearly 22k points.

A boycott would never even scratch the surface, its big business nowadays.
You’ve hit the nail on the head. This was also never a proper protest, like for example giving up salary to join a picket line is a meaningful protest. This was always a load of season ticket holders rightly saying I’ve spent too much on a lot of games before summer and I don’t want to go to a meaningless friendly. To really get at the controlling hand, giving up Sky Sports on mass seems a more meaningful protest, or not attending a bigger game, like the FA Cup Semi. I didn’t go to Istanbul but it sounds like fans were treated like dirt before and after the game but people still went because it was a massive game. This isn’t a big game and so would never have had the impact.

I think it is great that a lot of City fans that normally can't get tickets to the Wembley games are getting an opportunity to do so.

Longer term it is good that some younger blues will get to see City in the final.

We need to grow the fan base and what better way of energising our wider support.

Some kids will (hopefully) remember this game for the rest of their lives. Especially if Haaland bangs in a couple...

While understandable, it's quite disappointing to see so many tickets shifting to Citizens members.

Those fans who go week in, week out are the ones that will be affected more greatly by scheduling. With a big turnout, we're showing the FA/Premier League/UEFA etc that it's fine to fuck fans around - we'll fill seats no matter what.

We (collectively) have to accept our support will continue to be an afterthought because there is no solidarity amongst City fans (and fans in England generally).

1894 have done a huge service getting the time changed from 1730 to 1600 and it has undoubtedly opened the door for more fans, who may have not of bothered, to consider going. (We'll never know). That should be something to celebrate. But if there is a large turnout, you see it as a defeat. I find that a bit strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.