Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going with my sons and am sorry if you feel a lot of us are letting you down, I understand that. I genuinely admire what the 1894 group do and especially the efforts you go to to enhance the atmosphere at the Etihad. It’s an unfortunate fact that the Community Shield and FA cup semi finals are played at Wembley; we saw how many more City fans than Chelsea fans were in attendance when the CS was played at Villa Park, yet we still get smug cockney cunts (arsenal chelsea united liverpool) taking the piss when they don’t have far to travel, and we always have to make such a big effort; what 1894 do is marvellous and it pisses all over the pathetic OSC in this respect - Kevin Parker is useless and makes an absolute tit of himself and the club when he comments publicly .

However the bigger issue for me isn’t the CS being played at 4 on a Sunday during the school holidays, it’s the distribution of tickets to OSC members for fa and league cup final and semi final tickets, CL final tickets and away matches in general.

How the fuck can the club and the OSC justify priority tickets for the Champions League final (and it will be an even bigger issue if we get there at Wembley) to people just because they are in an OSC and know an OSC chairman (but might only go to the odd game) over people who have season tickets, go to every home game and as many away games as possible? Why dies their OSC membership give them more entitlement than the loyalty points of my kids who have been season ticket holders since they were 5? It’s completely unjustified and utterly fucking disgusting, and as a fan base we should be all over this. No problem with OSC’s at all, and if OSC membership allows OSC members to sit and travel together that’s fine, but an OSC member’s loyalty points should be worth no more or less than a non-OSC member’s loyalty points. I also think the complete lack of visibility of exactly how many tickets have gone to supporters clubs, and how many to members who aren’t even on the relevant cup scheme is fucking shit
You’re not letting anyone down mate.

It usually isn’t 3 hour windows of 5,000 points each, cityzens junior can buy 4 (ie just buy a membership on day 3 and buy as many as you want immediately) and it isn’t usually general sale any points from 1pm on day 3. They knew the regulars were boycotting - applications into supporters club branches were right down- so they had to do something drastic to quash the boycott... which is what they have done
You’re right. It doesn’t normally drop as rapidly as that. The club when announcing the criteria would’ve taken the boycott into account for sure. I don’t see it as undermining the boycott though. Even if everyone at the club unanimously agreed with it, they could never come out and support it partly because - as we ourselves have acknowledged - plenty of fans would still want to go. Therefore, they have to make tickets available to as many fans as they can which is something they’ve not always done for certain games and fans have been denied the chance of buying tickets. And even though it’s 4 tickets per member and junior member, those members and junior members still have to get 3 other people to cough up and make a commitment by getting up off their backside to undertake a journey to London. The criteria suits families where only one person might be a member but everyone in the family wants to go.

Last edited:
Friday, 12:36 am, 816 seats for sale on L3.(previous count)
Sunday, 12:15pm, 461 seats for sale on L3.
Seats sold, 355.
All the remains blocks on L3 that have seats for sale have single or low double digit seats for sale, bar block 533, which (for some strange reason) has 168 seats for sale. Highlighted in blue on the seat planner.

35450ACA-B1BD-4877-BB6B-CDCA15CC64B2.jpeg

Fair enough.

It’s unfortunate that you now can’t make it. There will always be outliers where a kick-off time that is inconvenient for the majority is convenient for others. Many fans would like every game to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday but there will always be examples where a 3pm Saturday kick off doesn’t suit everyone.
Yes Sataurdays will be the best for most,are bad for ugh :) as It’s the busiest day in my coffee shop. Sundays and midweek nights work best for me.

You’re right. It doesn’t normally drop as rapidly as that. The club announcing the criteria would’ve taken the boycott into account for sure. I don’t see it as undermining the boycott though - even if everyone at the club unanimously agreed with it, they could never come out and support it partly because - as we ourselves have acknowledged - plenty of fans would still want to go. Therefore, they have to make tickets available to as many fans as they can which is something they’ve not always done for certain games and fans have been denied the chance of buying tickets. And even though it’s 4 tickets per member and junior member, those members and junior members still have to get 3 other people to cough up and make a commitment by getting up off their backside to undertake a journey to London. The criteria suits families where only one person might be a member but everyone in the family wants to go.
It’s like a science project reading this. As long as the club shift the tickets, they do t give a stuff who fills the seats.

You’re right. It doesn’t normally drop as rapidly as that. The club announcing the criteria would’ve taken the boycott into account for sure. I don’t see it as undermining the boycott though - even if everyone at the club unanimously agreed with it, they could never come out and support it partly because - as we ourselves have acknowledged - plenty of fans would still want to go. Therefore, they have to make tickets available to as many fans as they can which is something they’ve not always done for certain games and fans have been denied the chance of buying tickets. And even though it’s 4 tickets per member and junior member, those members and junior members still have to get 3 other people to cough up and make a commitment by getting up off their backside to undertake a journey to London. The criteria suits families where only one person might be a member but everyone in the family wants to go.
It also suits new fans who want to see us play, as we are champions of Europe so can get a membership there and then and bring people along (who don’t usually get the chance to see City)

So the 3 hour time slot fast tracked meant that new people are going. This criteria was announced publicly before tickets went on sale. So if Blues boycotting were worried about losing out they knew they had to buy in those first 2 days.

But in the first 2 days they didn’t shift. Even with the prior knowledge you had a linited window to guarantee your seat. So the club gave decided if regulars are not gonna go we need anyone to fill it. Otherwise criteria would have been seasoncards for a week coming down 2,000 a day (not 20,000 a day) and matchday members 1 ticket each (not 4 each)

Club had realised prior to sale a lot of long standing fans were gonna go through with it. So its the club saving face. Those fans who usually go everywhere sacrificed a game to make a point and yet club’s pre determined selling criteria meant they could override any rebellion by saying to fans you’ve got 3 hours to guarantee your ticket and we will get Newbies in.

When sales picked up on friday and apparent to all more than 15k going the boycott beaten you get seasoncards holders then buying too to ensure they don’t miss out.

We have not sold that many at all. 2 blocks in both the upper and lower tiers were never released. One of those upper tier blocks on the south side, has it appears been shaded white not grey, and will probably, if not already, be given to Arsenal
Yes we have.
And the white block will also go onsale if we request it.
The 2 grey areas will also be released pending further sales.
The fact is you thought that it would bomb out,with circa 5000 supporters going and now you see the reality,you and many others are shocked.
The triple has opened up a whole new support base and whether us legacy fans like it or not they are hear to stay and will take our place,if we don't want to attend matches .
Which is exactly what the hierarchy of the club want.

It’s like a science project reading this. As long as the club shift the tickets, they do t give a stuff who fills the seats.
How could they? It’s not their job ,within reason mainly security reasons, to say who can and go to a football match.

Yes we have.
The fact is you thought that it would bomb out,with circa 5000 supporters going and now you see the reality,you and many others are shocked.
The triple has opened up a whole new support base and whether us legacy fans like it or not they are hear to stay and will take our place,if we don't want to attend matches .Which is exactly what the hierarchy of the club want.

The white block is the segregation.

There is one block that hasn't been released due to the weekend and people are waiting for it as it is the best block left.

Yes we have.
The triple has opened up a whole new support base and whether us legacy fans like it or not they are hear to stay and will take our place,if we don't want to attend matches .
Which is exactly what the hierarchy of the club want.

You’re spot on Chappie. I’m not a ST holder but attend most home games, however I’m dreading the prices for individual match tickets next season, but if I am priced out there are plenty who will take my place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.