Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you honestly think that a boycott would be up there with the suffragettes then good luck with that.
I'm waiting for someone to start a post with "I have a dream...", to be honest!

I generally don't go to the CS at Wembley, only been to two. Went to Villa and KP, though. Much better when they take it away from NW London.

I'm wondering if those that don't go should be asking people to boycott the broadcast? Surly the KO time is pandering to the whims of TV, so it's their ratings we need to impact?

I will if you want. I would tell him that Dad or Granddad has funded his very expensive trips to Wembley for 14 years. They have had to put up with all sorts of shit and corruption so now Dad/Granddad have decided to join with other Manchester City fans to send a message to the FA. The message is simple. Start thinking about the genuine fans and stop putting the TV money before us.
If he doesn't understand that I'd tell him to get a paper round and fund the trip himself.

You could make an argument that without the TV money that the club have been happily banking every year, we would not even be in the position to have to worry about trips to Wembley.

You could make an argument that without the TV money that the club have been happily banking every year, we would not even be in the position to have to worry about trips to Wembley.
Not TV money for the CS though.
To my knowledge there hasn't been a PL game in London on a Sunday at 5.30pm which had a team north of Birmingham / Nottingham playing in it.

At the moment theres an appetite for tickets for City games and I can’t see this one being any exception. So even if regular fans boycott the game I’m sure there will still be plenty of other folk who will be willing to take their place.
I’m pleased to see some positivity but if there’s any kind of boycott I can only imagine 5k turning up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.