Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People really are missing the point with this game. It could have been scheduled at any point across the weekend and the FA and TV companies picked the worst slot they could.

The late kick off time isn't just the issue, if it was Saturday there wouldn't be a boycott, stop comparing it to Champions League games/Super Cup games where there isn't another slot in the calendar for those games.

It's the day and the time that is the issue! Sunday's are notoriously more difficult to travel and City may be one of the priorities for us but we also have to go to work on the Monday to pay for these trips. People can't justify doing it for a game that doesn't matter that much unless you win (and even then not that much).

I would have driven making it a bit easier as I might make it home before midnight on the Sunday but I just can't justify it.

How many people will have to take Monday off work? How much extra is that going to cost people? What about the kids going to school on a Monday after getting home at 12pm. I’m sure the FA took that into consideration when discussing Sunday 5:30pm.

How many people will have to take Monday off work? How much extra is that going to cost people? What about the kids going to school on a Monday after getting home at 12pm. I’m sure the FA took that into consideration when discussing Sunday 5:30pm.
School holidays, but your point still stands for the adults.

Reactions: jrb
No need for anyone to justify or defend their decision.

Everyone has their personal,subjective reasons.

For me this is tip of a very high iceberg with the FA who are an outdated,debt ridden,arrogant bunch of could give a fuck tossers.

I'm donating to a Manchester charity and hope that the club opts out of this sham !!

There wouldn't be anyone boycotting the CL final if it was 8pm on a Sunday either.

At the end of the day, after 20 plus visits, Wembley is getting boring particularly for a glorified friendly and people can't be arsed. That's the real reason.
When did we all get so cynical? Why do people see the negative in other people's choices? Our support can't be arsed? Really? Thousands of Blues will still travel and fair play to them.

How about you focus on the fact that this is helping vulnerable families in Manchester? Or maybe, sticking 2 fingers up to the suits at the FA and the TV companies, is a fight worth fighting? Or maybe, despite the fact we are now dining at the top table of world football, celebrate the fact that we still give a shit about the way football is heading?

But nah, you know the real reason. We can't be arsed.

Well I was intending staying a couple of nights at my lads about a hours drive from London to double up & spend sometime with my new(ish) Grandson and leave his lady & Mrs Moon with him while we went to the game but think we'll just see the little lad that weekend and watch the game at the house.

The day/time of the game really makes no difference to us and our lives but POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

Thought long and hard about this before I voted. I don't ever for a second want City, Pep or the lads to think I'm not completely, and very vocally, behind them.

I've rationalized, it's the school holidays, it's a weekend away, it's a treat. But ultimately, it's a choice, and I choose not to spend my money and time going to London, missing work and earnings, missing time with my kids, not because it's a tin pot cup or a trophy only valid if anyone but city wins it, but because it's a ridiculous, blind, and even slightly vindictive decision to hold it at Wembley on a Sunday evening.

I'd never want to play the pity card, but the fact is that following a team that is successful, and playing more games, big games like finals, gets expensive. We're hit with another ticket increase from City, and we have the envious but also wallet abusing position of being a big draw playing big games regularly.

And it's bloody arsenal. Not winners of anything. Runners up. First of the losers. We've proven we can beat them already plenty this season just gone. Don't need a placcy plate to prove it.

I have to balance it. A few beers with mates in Manchester on a Sunday vs ticket, travel, work, and time away from family for a weekend to watch the game live. Plus brownie points in the bank for the next big game. Sorry, not this time. Part of me hopes sadistically there isn't a blue shirt there, would make me feel justified. But if pep blamed that for us being beaten or not performing, I'd be gutted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.