Community Shield Official Post Match Reaction Thread

This is what happened: City looked slow and played like it was a pre-season game. United looked sharp and played like it was a league game. They won, we lost, no complaints. United beat Barcelona last weekend. Sack Pep Guardiola, he's useless. Drop Andreas Iniesta and David Villa, they're shite.

samharris said:
Cheesy said:
Wasn't his fault today as the whole team were crap, but I'm still to be convinced by Mario. Undoubtedly talented but shows it all to rarely for me.

why say whole team were crap then pick out one individual.. ??

He is a self-proclaimed 2nd strongest player in the world.

On top of that, a lot of our season's hopes rest on him.

jake28 said:
Cant understand fans saying it was only a friendly blah fucking blah...we cant just pick and choose when to turn up and not to turn up...scum have the mentality and drive to go for EVERY trophy there is,we need to do the same.I found today extremely worrying.

Unfortunately you can in a freindly. I think Mancini said before the Charity match it will be 2 months before we are fully fit.
Todays result has no impact on anything other than getting players match fit and injury free, we didnt even give Aguero a run out as the Rags may well have targeted him. To them it was a must win, to us us it wasnt, right or wrong.

I dont think the Rags ever treated this Charity event with anything other than a pre season day out in the past it meant sweet fa to them

citymad said:
Im finding it hard to think of one player who had a decent game today. Our defence has been pretty solid up to now but for some reason we looked all over the place and kept giving away silly fouls on the edge of the box. 5 bookings indicates our lack of match sharpness and that studs up lunge on Young by Micah could've easily been a red. I expect Mancini to work hard with his defenders this week to iron out some problems.
Good Post, at the end of the day we were poor in all departments, it is a horrible way to lose but not the first time is it? One thing that it did show was we can play very poorly and still only get beat by a last min goal instead of a 5-0 drubbing. Come next Monday the real business will start and that is when we need to be getting over reacted views if we lose to Swansea not the League Champions.
Would anyone have swapped the Semi Final day for anything else, great times ahead with the odd slip up as today was.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Cruiser Blue said:
Im glad people agree with my balo assesment cos no one challenged it

And your assessment is…?

3rd time lol
Balo give a great performance for 90 minutes what games you been watchin ???????? in MY OPINION which is neither right or wrong just my opinion before i get slated not 1 person can come on here and tell me balo gives as good as de jong kompany (ok mistake today forgiven) zabaleta tevez silva hart. Has balo played anywhere near there level taking out all the trouble, has he hell not even close nothing

was in response to what somebody else said

someone said it best that, while Mancini obviously wanted to win this game, he wasn't taking it too seriously by leaving Aguero on the bench for the duration. The lad played half a game on the touchline warming up the entire second half.

Anybody that thinks was a useful barometer for the regular season wants their bumps felt.

It stings like a bastard because it's the reds but come on it's a pre-season game and if United think they've put down a marker for the season or have in any way shut us up then they are dafter than the Blues calling for Mancini's head.

It might be worth a self imposed media blackout for the next few days courtesy of the press wankfest that is bound to follow but it's not worth worrying about. Next seasons top two were playing today and I'll lay a pound to a pinch of shit that come May, City will be Champions.

lazerblue said:
i know it was a so called friendly but if you ask a lot of fans my age, goin on 60 they will tell you there is no such thing as a friendly against that lot especially when its at wembley and for a trophy of sorts. so maybe you might understand how much it hurts to lose against them and to have to go in work on mon and take all the shit off the rags, and after being 2 up it hurts all the more so dont come on here and slag people off that are pissed off after losing that game and even more so when your a mancunian!!

100% Correct, half time 2-0 but we were fortunate to be 2-0 up, it was embarrassing though to lose after being 2-0. Mancini is inept and does not understand what a Manchester derby is all about.
Ballotelli is a liability, showed nothing today.
Totally disconsulate after this....pathetic second half, either push on for the third goal or defend the 2 goal lead.

Tevez City said:
We keep the ball for one minute ! Thanks to Mancini.
For fucks sake, Mancini was screaming so much! What do you think he wanted to do, pass the ball twice and run? Fuck no. We know how Mancini plays and that involves passing and possession. HOWEVER, whenever our players got the ball, passes went astray. They took too long to make decisions. Off the ball movement and concentration wasn't there. Towards the end of the game, we looked A LITTLE bit more composed and starting knocking the ball around, which is surely what Mancini wanted or else he wouldn't have brought Barry on to cut up play and slow the game down. It's not a Mancini problem, its our team that let THEMSELVES down first, and then us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.